I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on October 14, 2020, 12:35:58 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 14, 2020, 11:52:02 AM
I really wonder what kind of explanation they gave to act as they did...

They being his mother-in-law and wife?

Apparently, they think the whole thing is just like the flu, no big deal, and entirely blown out of proportion. Very similar to AR.

So she would go teach a class with the flu? That seems like a shitty thing to do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2020, 12:51:54 PM

Apparently, they think the whole thing is just like the flu, no big deal, and entirely blown out of proportion. Very similar to AR.

Fuck you Meri.

I've made very clear that I understand covid-19 is worse than the flu. I've specifically mentioned this to you multiple times when you have brought up the lie that I think this is equivalent to the flu, so I know that you are aware of it.

I know it is a tactic that when you can't hold your own in a discussion on the merits, a strategy is to just lie about what the other guy is saying, but it is pretty fucking disgusting.

I didn't say "exactly the same as AR". I said "similar to AR". Which is to say, you and they believe that your freedoms and rights are more important than some disease. Your desire to do what you want trumps what's objectively safer for everyone, regardless of what laws are in place.

You've openly stated multiple times that the value of a shut down and the lives saved aren't worth the cost to economics and mental health. You've openly stated that you think governmental shut downs - and the rules surrounding those - are stupid and invaluable.

Whether you state the same thing as these women or not, you are acting - at least on this forum - like them. I'm sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

And you know, fuck you, too. :) You've acted like a spoiled child for six months on here, and it's gotten old. Whatever you believe, what you're presenting to Languish is that you know better than health experts and government officials, and your wants are more important than saving the lives of the medically fragile. You should be allowed to go about your business unhindered.

Much like Jeff's mother-in-law.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2020, 02:28:42 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 14, 2020, 11:52:02 AM
I really wonder what kind of explanation they gave to act as they did...

They being his mother-in-law and wife?

So she would go teach a class with the flu? That seems like a shitty thing to do.

She'd had no symptoms. The flu, without symptoms, isn't really the flu, is it?

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on October 14, 2020, 02:57:49 PM
She'd had no symptoms. The flu, without symptoms, isn't really the flu, is it?

Yeah...hence why COVID is not like the flu :P

But if it was like the flu, and you knew you could spread the flu around, you wouldn't right? You would be an asshole to do so. So saying it is just like the flu is not much of a defense  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on October 14, 2020, 02:53:39 PM

Fuck you Meri.

I've made very clear that I understand covid-19 is worse than the flu. I've specifically mentioned this to you multiple times when you have brought up the lie that I think this is equivalent to the flu, so I know that you are aware of it.

I know it is a tactic that when you can't hold your own in a discussion on the merits, a strategy is to just lie about what the other guy is saying, but it is pretty fucking disgusting.

I didn't say "exactly the same as AR". I said "similar to AR". Which is to say, you and they believe that your freedoms and rights are more important than some disease. Your desire to do what you want trumps what's objectively safer for everyone, regardless of what laws are in place.

You've openly stated multiple times that the value of a shut down and the lives saved aren't worth the cost to economics and mental health. You've openly stated that you think governmental shut downs - and the rules surrounding those - are stupid and invaluable.

Whether you state the same thing as these women or not, you are acting - at least on this forum - like them. I'm sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

And you know, fuck you, too. :) You've acted like a spoiled child for six months on here, and it's gotten old. Whatever you believe, what you're presenting to Languish is that you know better than health experts and government officials, and your wants are more important than saving the lives of the medically fragile. You should be allowed to go about your business unhindered.

I think this posts misrepresents AR's position with even greater dishonesty than the prior post, not to belittle the incredible dishonesty of your prior post.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2020, 03:28:36 PM

Fuck you Meri.

I think this posts misrepresents AR's position with even greater dishonesty than the prior post, not to belittle the incredible dishonesty of your prior post.

you need to switch back to your AR account.

merithyn

Interesting that you - and AR - assume that I'm being dishonest rather than actually listening to what I'm saying, which is this is how what he's saying looks. At least to me.

If you want to call that dishonest, feel free, but it's an honest interpretation of his posts from my perspective, as well as several others.

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on October 14, 2020, 03:45:51 PM

Interesting that you - and AR - assume that I'm being dishonest rather than actually listening to what I'm saying, which is this is how what he's saying looks. At least to me.

If you want to call that dishonest, feel free, but it's an honest interpretation of his posts from my perspective, as well as several others.
So I can claim anything I want about someone, as long as I preface it with "It looks to me like"?

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 14, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
That actually is the most clever thing you came up with in recent memory.  I'm not even being ironic.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2020, 03:49:48 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 14, 2020, 03:45:26 PM
That actually is the most clever thing you came up with in recent memory.  I'm not even being ironic.

Social media has dramatically shortened memory spans.

Eddie Teach

It looks to me like this argument is a waste of time and energy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2020, 03:48:15 PM
So I can claim anything I want about someone, as long as I preface it with "It looks to me like"?

You know what I find very disheartening is the various claims of "dishonesty".  Maybe it's because I'm a criminal lawyer but it's incredibly hard to prove that someone is being dishonest - you need proof that the person knows what they are saying is not true.  And in particular amongst a group of people who have been virtually hanging out for over 15 years you'd think maybe we could assume a certain level of good faith by everyone here.

So year, why don't you try something lower key like "it looks to me like".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 14, 2020, 03:53:47 PM
It looks to me like this argument is a waste of time and energy.

100% agree.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2020, 04:01:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2020, 03:48:15 PM

You know what I find very disheartening is the various claims of "dishonesty".  Maybe it's because I'm a criminal lawyer but it's incredibly hard to prove that someone is being dishonest - you need proof that the person knows what they are saying is not true.  And in particular amongst a group of people who have been virtually hanging out for over 15 years you'd think maybe we could assume a certain level of good faith by everyone here.

So year, why don't you try something lower key like "it looks to me like".
AR has been clear that he disagrees with the laws but still abides by them, and yet he's been equated with people who knowingly exposed others to Covid?  Oh, sorry, it looks that way to them.  That seems like good faith to you?

It looks to me like abusive behavior by people who can't hold their own in debates on merit.  Maybe if you're on the receiving end of such "good faith" enough times, you'll be less disheartened by accusation of dishonesty than you will be by good posters doing nothing while abusive posters misrepresent their opponents' views to the point of libel.

alfred russel

Highlighting the bolded section.

I assume you mean the health and government officials that you want us to listen to, and not the ones I want us to listen to.

Zoupa said I was trolling for posting about going to a football game last weekend (and presumably talking about wearing masks during it). In South Carolina, they are saying it is okay to attend but you need to wear a mask.

We are talking about going to a game in Georgia this weekend where it is okay to attend without a mask.

In Florida the state is cool without wearing a mask when you go to games, and they are also fine with selling out the stadiums (though no team has tried this yet).

In NY, Syracuse is limiting itself to like 25 fans.

In California, the main teams aren't even playing right now.

That is just college football. From the start Sweden has had their approach. There was also skepticism in some parts of the public health community about locking down.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014