49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on August 30, 2020, 09:16:11 PM
So of all cities you can't get a drink to-go in New Orleans.

Short of maybe Vegas, New Orleans is I thought the only city you could get a drink to-go. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2020, 10:18:44 PM
Quote from: ulmont on August 30, 2020, 09:16:11 PM
So of all cities you can't get a drink to-go in New Orleans.

Short of maybe Vegas, New Orleans is I thought the only city you could get a drink to-go. :huh:

Fucking Covid, man.

merithyn

Today I left my apartment for errands. The masks were largely being used. For the first time ever, every person that I saw in the grocery store had a mask on. I only saw three people - out of something like 150 people in the store - wearing them on their chins. In Walgreens, all but one person had a mask on. One, the pharmacist, wore her mask on her chin. :glare:

I even went to my favorite diner for breakfast. First time since March I've been there. Of their usually packed nine tables and nine bar seats, they only had five tables available for seating, two servers (not the usual older ladies, but two younger guys), and a skeleton crew in the kitchen. I had to wait 30 minutes for a seat, then the server totally screwed up my order. I still tipped him well, but I won't be going back for a while. It was creepy and a totally different experience than it used to be.

My daughter's university - Iowa State - has the most per capita positives in the country right now, followed by the University of Alabama, and then the University of Iowa. Luckily, all but two of her labs are virtual. The labs have been split into two classes so there's plenty of space between the students, and she says that she's very diligent with her mask and hand washing.

How much longer before we have that vaccine? This all kind of sucks a lot. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

I want a Covid Vaccine for Christmas. Only a Covid Vaccine will do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

So no election dispute and street battles then?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

First day back at work after 5 weeks off.

First email I see is someone in the office has tested positive for Covid.  Name not provided.  If you're a close contact you will be notified.

Just great. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2020, 11:38:38 PM
Today I left my apartment for errands. The masks were largely being used. For the first time ever, every person that I saw in the grocery store had a mask on. I only saw three people - out of something like 150 people in the store - wearing them on their chins. In Walgreens, all but one person had a mask on. One, the pharmacist, wore her mask on her chin. :glare:

I even went to my favorite diner for breakfast. First time since March I've been there. Of their usually packed nine tables and nine bar seats, they only had five tables available for seating, two servers (not the usual older ladies, but two younger guys), and a skeleton crew in the kitchen. I had to wait 30 minutes for a seat, then the server totally screwed up my order. I still tipped him well, but I won't be going back for a while. It was creepy and a totally different experience than it used to be.

My daughter's university - Iowa State - has the most per capita positives in the country right now, followed by the University of Alabama, and then the University of Iowa. Luckily, all but two of her labs are virtual. The labs have been split into two classes so there's plenty of space between the students, and she says that she's very diligent with her mask and hand washing.

How much longer before we have that vaccine? This all kind of sucks a lot. :(

Yup, went to a nice little place with excellent food about a month ago. Sat outside and service was great. It just gave me the willys. Haven't been out to eat since. Just not worth it yet.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2020, 06:33:24 PM

Yup, went to a nice little place with excellent food about a month ago. Sat outside and service was great. It just gave me the willys. Haven't been out to eat since. Just not worth it yet.

Hell, I was watching reruns of the Tour de France last week and I was amazed at all the people beside the road...NOT WEARING MASKS (in 2019...).  Perceptions change.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 31, 2020, 06:58:54 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2020, 06:33:24 PM

Hell, I was watching reruns of the Tour de France last week and I was amazed at all the people beside the road...NOT WEARING MASKS (in 2019...).  Perceptions change.

:D

Yeah I catch myself thinking that also.

Incidentally this year's Tour seems pretty good, here's hoping it gets to Paris.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2020, 10:47:18 AM
First day back at work after 5 weeks off.

First email I see is someone in the office has tested positive for Covid.  Name not provided.  If you're a close contact you will be notified.

Just great. <_<

I haven't yet been back in the office, and not many of us have in IT user support. They do have a process in place if we want to go in though.

Saladin

Still alive.

But with a slipped disc and a depression to brag about. :glare:
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Saladin

"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

mongers

Found myself sanitising the land-line telephone; if you'll excuse me I need to book a travel ticket, there's a good discount for those that book early. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: Saladin on September 01, 2020, 04:46:23 AM
Still alive.

But with a slipped disc and a depression to brag about. :glare:

Get well! :( :console:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.