6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

mongers

I Have Yeast.

Mission Accomplished.

:ccr:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Your next project should be to clean your desktop.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Maskage continues along at 100% in retail spaces in my part of town.  I guess the stores are doing a good job of enforcing it and people are adjusting to the annoyance of masking up.  My county is down to yellow, which is level 2 of 4 so we're doing a bit better.  The next county over, which has a fair number of hilljacks, is orange/level 3 and I'd say they're at maybe 50% maskage, with some stores enforcing it strictly and some not at all.

It's still a state-level mandate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

State mask mandate here, mainly for places where you can't social distance. Most or all stores post messages that masks are required. Last weekend I drove by some soccer fields and kids were out there playing, wearing masks. There's a good amount of activity around town.

I had my first dental teeth cleaning appointment in a while which was several months delayed. All the dental workers were in full protective gear head to toe, face masks, etc.

Admiral Yi

Kind of a weird deal here in the People's Republic of Johnson County which I have not seen getting a ton of media coverage.  A lot of stores have signs up saying "the city has ordered the wearing of masks," but I've also heard that the Republican governor has made it illegal for local governments to require masks.

Maybe it's being argued in the court and there's a temporary stay on the order; maybe cities like Iowa City are just saying fuck you to the order and the governor isn't pushing it; maybe I heard wrong.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2020, 04:25:37 PM
Kind of a weird deal here in the People's Republic of Johnson County which I have not seen getting a ton of media coverage.  A lot of stores have signs up saying "the city has ordered the wearing of masks," but I've also heard that the Republican governor has made it illegal for local governments to require masks.

Maybe it's being argued in the court and there's a temporary stay on the order; maybe cities like Iowa City are just saying fuck you to the order and the governor isn't pushing it; maybe I heard wrong.

You didn't imagine it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/506449-iowa-governors-says-cities-cant-require-masks

Dunno about the current status of said statement.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadBurgerMaker

We're doing the whole "list out your job duties" thing right now.  Super fun.

Admiral Yi

Bars in Iowa essentially shut down.  All bars that don't serve food are closed as of yesterday.  That's pretty much every college bar.  Bars that do serve food can stay open till 10 PM.  To get a drink, you have to order some food.  I had a little bag of Doritos.

Apparently prompted by a flare up of positive tests on college campuses.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2020, 05:43:44 PM
Bars in Iowa essentially shut down.  All bars that don't serve food are closed as of yesterday.  That's pretty much every college bar.  Bars that do serve food can stay open till 10 PM.  To get a drink, you have to order some food.  I had a little bag of Doritos.

Apparently prompted by a flare up of positive tests on college campuses.
Our emergency order that went into effect beginning of august expires Sunday night. They are allowing reopen of bars and inside dining at 50% capacity, but no live or amplified music.
Will have to see if we end up in a third lockdown or not.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Alcohol+people= social distancing failure
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Tonitrus

Usually when people are getting together with alcohol, I figure they're trying to make social distancing fail as much as possible.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2020, 05:43:44 PM
Bars in Iowa essentially shut down.  All bars that don't serve food are closed as of yesterday. 

Louisiana did this about 6 weeks ago, and then due to a massive span of take-out drinks from restaurants + in-street parties, New Orleans banned to-go drinks.

So of all cities you can't get a drink to-go in New Orleans.