I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

DontSayBanana

Sigh. The wife works for a local school/sports photography company- unemployment has finally gotten testy about the on-again/off-again way she's been brought back and laid off in 2-week bursts... and now pretty much all the schools in the county where they're based have gone virtual-only until at least the end of October.

Tension in this household? Never! :rolleyes:
Experience bij!

Josquius

I wonder how it will be next month when the professional leagues start again. The lower leagues will start this time too. Well and good for top teams to be on TV only but in the lower leagues gate receipts are the bulk of a teams income, playing behind closed doors just isn't viable.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 19, 2020, 03:18:10 PM
Sigh. The wife works for a local school/sports photography company- unemployment has finally gotten testy about the on-again/off-again way she's been brought back and laid off in 2-week bursts... and now pretty much all the schools in the county where they're based have gone virtual-only until at least the end of October.

Tension in this household? Never! :rolleyes:

Finally made an honest woman out of her, eh? :cheers:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on August 19, 2020, 01:45:52 PM
How will they determine the league champion when they have to shut down the season after 2 weeks?

One of the middle school football teams (they have 4 total in that school) already had a case a couple weeks ago and the team suspended practice for two weeks.  My hope is that my son's 7th grade team and nephew's 8th grade team can get at least 4 games in this year (there are 8 on the schedule).  Wouldn't be much of a season but would at least be something.  These kids need their fall sports.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Looks like we've hit a problem with corona.
Scotland has added Switzerland to its quarantine list starting from a few hours before my gf flies to Edinburgh from Geneva. She is panicking thinking this means she will be a prisoner in Scotland for 2 weeks and won't be able to come home.
Surely this quarantine only applies if you're actually staying in Scotland?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2020, 04:00:34 PM
Looks like we've hit a problem with corona.
Scotland has added Switzerland to its quarantine list starting from a few hours before my gf flies to Edinburgh from Geneva. She is panicking thinking this means she will be a prisoner in Scotland for 2 weeks and won't be able to come home.
Surely this quarantine only applies if you're actually staying in Scotland?
Yes. It applies if you are travelling to Scotland, I think the advice is that you self-isolate in your "final destination in Scotland".
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

And if the final destination isn't in Scotland?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2020, 04:18:21 PM
Then my read would be it doesn't apply and you have to follow the guidance of the location of the final destination.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

My brother still has a lingering cough and is constantly fatigued and gets tired really easily.

Pretty impressive for what's a fake disease according to the Trumpers. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2020, 08:23:32 AM
My brother still has a lingering cough and is constantly fatigued and gets tired really easily.

Pretty impressive for what's a fake disease according to the Trumpers. :hmm:

I've heard from people that they've taken a while to fully recover, including lingering loss of taste and smell. Hope your brother gets over it all fast.

KRonn

My town schools are going to have on site classes two days a week, and remote the rest of the time. That's what's planned so far. Schools are also going to require flu shots for all kids by end of the year. That's getting a very mixed reaction by parents.

The state governor goes back and forth on opening things up more and shutting things down, depending on even small increases or decreases in Covid cases. But still there's a lot more activity and open businesses. In the town center they blocked off a short stretch of road between between the town common and theater with picnic tables setup there. Several restaurants close by. The main street through town has sidewalks and some parking blocked off for restaurant outside dining. Those areas are getting good business too, looks like.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 20, 2020, 04:20:27 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2020, 04:18:21 PM
Then my read would be it doesn't apply and you have to follow the guidance of the location of the final destination.

We found the relevant guideline. Only the official government article was enough (Swiss :rolleyes:)
If you leave Scotland right away nothing applies.

Though looks like I am going for a 6 hour drive tomorrow....
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Schools and districts in Ohio that had canceled or delayed fall sports are reconsidering that action.  One district reversed course yesterday and said football's a full go.

Going to have to pick and choose who gets to go to my son's middle school games.  They are only allowing two tickets per player, so my parents are going to attend this Thursday's game and my wife & daughter will go to the following week's game.  I don't (or shouldn't) need a ticket since I volunteered to film.

42 kids on this team.  My son is starting at right guard and Will LB :showoff:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I hope all that Bengals experience can help you here :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2020, 08:36:21 AM
I hope all that Bengals experience can help you here :P

Well I was trained by the meanest SOB video director in the league, so hopefully I can meet the middle school game film standard :D