9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on August 15, 2020, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 15, 2020, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2020, 07:28:28 AM
But a big thing that annoys me about so many that don't wear masks is that they have this idea that they are somehow "winning" by doing so. They're owning teh libs and being very smart and awesome by carrying around a fake card saying they don't have to wear a mask.
The politics of selfishness is bad enough in regular times. That they'll even do it about this.... and we all know karma won't be so perfect and they won't be the ones to suffer for it.,

Pretty much sums up my opinion on things, too, Tyr.

I see it as non maskers being thinned out of the gene pool. Most of those fucks I've seen, should be wearing a mask just looking at their outward health appearance. Plus they should be throat punched too.
Problem is that masks are there primarily to protect others.  Innocent people may not spread their Covid further to other strangers if the asshole infects them, but they'll still get it themselves.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on August 15, 2020, 04:00:18 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 15, 2020, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 15, 2020, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2020, 07:28:28 AM
But a big thing that annoys me about so many that don't wear masks is that they have this idea that they are somehow "winning" by doing so. They're owning teh libs and being very smart and awesome by carrying around a fake card saying they don't have to wear a mask.
The politics of selfishness is bad enough in regular times. That they'll even do it about this.... and we all know karma won't be so perfect and they won't be the ones to suffer for it.,

Pretty much sums up my opinion on things, too, Tyr.

I see it as non maskers being thinned out of the gene pool. Most of those fucks I've seen, should be wearing a mask just looking at their outward health appearance. Plus they should be throat punched too.
Problem is that masks are there primarily to protect others.  Innocent people may not spread their Covid further to other strangers if the asshole infects them, but they'll still get it themselves.

Quite.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

There's an anti-vaxxer/plandemic/anti-mask protest in Madrid tomorrow. The organizers aim to gather 1 million people (rofl) but I doubt even the far right will atend in significant numbers, this lot is possibly even nuttier than them.  :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Anti-vaxxer/plandemic/anti-mask/alternative medicine draw the libertarian and Green crowd as well, so it will more than the a sub-section of the far right. OTOH, I doubt there will be one million.  :P

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 15, 2020, 05:46:34 PM
There's an anti-vaxxer/plandemic/anti-mask protest in Madrid tomorrow. The organizers aim to gather 1 million people (rofl) but I doubt even the far right will atend in significant numbers, this lot is possibly even nuttier than them.  :hmm:

The 20k or so in Berlin a few weeks ago claimed to have been 1.3 million after the fact. :lol:

While there was an initial reflex of reaching out and engaging with then, the overwhelming public opinion appears to be that not every group of nutters requires much national debate (though some media still gladly offer them a stage).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on August 16, 2020, 06:13:01 AM
Quote from: celedhring on August 15, 2020, 05:46:34 PM

The 20k or so in Berlin a few weeks ago claimed to have been 1.3 million after the fact. :lol:

While there was an initial reflex of reaching out and engaging with then, the overwhelming public opinion appears to be that not every group of nutters requires much national debate (though some media still gladly offer them a stage).

The organizers cite the "1 million" in Berlin as an example that it is possible to reach that number.  :lol:

celedhring

Just a few hundred in attendance. I saw a clip of them and they were chanting in favor of bleach  :lol:

Scariest thing is that it's not an ellaborated parody.

Duque de Bragança

French "mainstream" media spoke of 15-17k people in Berlin. Obviously sold out.  :P

Josquius

My hometown is one of the top stories on BBC news. Not even local news. Big outbreak in the working men's club my uncle used to go to.. No surprise really considering many of the people who go there are very much of the I know what's good for me variety.

Quote from: celedhring on August 16, 2020, 01:33:57 PM
Just a few hundred in attendance. I saw a clip of them and they were chanting in favor of bleach  :lol:

Scariest thing is that it's not an ellaborated parody.

Then they all drank the bleach in Spains biggest ever mass suicide?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Had a weird cough over the weekend so getting a test delivered :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

If I wanted to get tested I wouldn't know how to go about it.

PDH

They're setting up to jam the swab into my brain once a month.  God bless the University of California.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

My brother has Covid-19.  He's mostly over it now but he was pretty sick for a week or so.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on August 16, 2020, 08:40:50 PM
My brother has Covid-19.  He's mostly over it now but he was pretty sick for a week or so.

:(

Glad to hear he's on the mend, but a reminder it's much more than just regular flu.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

My sister in law insisted on sending my nephew back to daycare because "he needs the socialization". :bleeding:

Yeah, but he needs a dad too. :rolleyes:

Of course she showed no symptoms. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points