I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

derspiess

My son's middle school football team is proceeding as if they're going to have a season.  Helmet fitting is tonight and first practice is this Saturday.  I waited til the last minute to buy ~$250 worth of gear for him, so the governor had better not pull the rug out from under us.

On the baseball front, we were super lucky to get a season plus tournament in.  We were thinking weather would screw us out of about half our games that we wouldn't be able to make up in the condensed schedule, but we got in all 16 regular season games and then 6 tournament games.  His team won the championship and he got to score the winning run from 2nd base in a walkoff :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Still noticing a lot of maskless folks and lax enforcement.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 29, 2020, 09:00:41 AM
My son's middle school football team is proceeding as if they're going to have a season.  Helmet fitting is tonight and first practice is this Saturday.  I waited til the last minute to buy ~$250 worth of gear for him, so the governor had better not pull the rug out from under us.

On the baseball front, we were super lucky to get a season plus tournament in.  We were thinking weather would screw us out of about half our games that we wouldn't be able to make up in the condensed schedule, but we got in all 16 regular season games and then 6 tournament games.  His team won the championship and he got to score the winning run from 2nd base in a walkoff :)

I am impressed they finished the season. Our season got called after 6 games last Spring and with the situation far worse I am thinking no fall ball either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Just tested negative after testing positive two weeks ago.  Fortunately I had returned to working from home at the beginning of July, Alstom takes safety so seriously that they burn your desk if you could have been Covid positive while in the office.  (Not really, but there's an enormous disinfecting procedure they go through.)

It was just the luck of the draw; CB and I always wear masks and rarely go out.  While Florida has been hit hard by Coronavirus, our county has had only about 5000 cases since March (about the same as the daily total in the greater Miami area.)  Fortunately our symptoms were mild, no more than headaches, fatigue and the occasional dry cough.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Awesome :cheers:

Now you can go bravely striding through the infected zones.
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

I needed a night out, but safely, so I went to a food court for tacos tonight for dinner. Everyone is wearing masks except when actually eating. Most of the tables and seats are well separated.

A nice evening out after two weeks of quarantine.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2020, 01:33:46 PM
Still noticing a lot of maskless folks and lax enforcement.

The north of England must be overrun with lawless Picts and Norsemen.  Down here in the civilized middle-realm, mask wearing at the local Morrison's tonight was 100%.*  :sleep:

*Though before the legal requirement, that was around ~5%.  :P

celedhring

So, going to Barcelona for the first time in nearly a month. It's a work meeting that I could probably have moved to zoom, but damn I hate the friggin' thing by now, and in-person meetings are more productive anyway.

Iormlund

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2020, 01:46:16 PM
I am impressed they finished the season. Our season got called after 6 games last Spring and with the situation far worse I am thinking no fall ball either.

The "guidance" being handed down from the OHSAA (state organization that oversees high school and middle school sports) on fall sports seems to be updated/clarified each day.  First they said they can go ahead and start practice but no guarantees on actually having a season.  Then they said no scrimmages with other schools, without saying anything about actual games.  Now they're saying still no scrimmages through August, but games can continue on as planned.  But no spectators :(

At one point they said each player on a team had to have a negative Covid-19 test before each game but they've backed off on that. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on August 03, 2020, 03:45:22 AM
So, going to Barcelona for the first time in nearly a month. It's a work meeting that I could probably have moved to zoom, but damn I hate the friggin' thing by now, and in-person meetings are more productive anyway.

Stay safe. Any idea how packed the train will be?

celedhring

Thanks to the lack of tourists, pretty empty.

celedhring

Covid is surging in my brother's town.

Him and his wife actually got tested two days ago and came out negative, but we're supposed to have a family celebration this weekend (my birthday) and I don't know what to do.

Josephus

So looks like my Malta holiday is off. Was originally gonna go end of May, but with all going on then, decided to postpone till October.
Now my travel agent calls and says Alitalia (I was flying though Rome) cancelled all flights to Canada for 2020.
I could find other flights but they have me flying all over the world (Toronto-Newark-Paris-Malta) etc. I don't really want to do that. Plus, it's partially a relief.
The problem with Canada right now for travellers is that no country is white listed, and when we get back we'll have to self-isolate for 14 days. Which is why lots of airlines aren't bothering with Canada anymore, since so few people are travelling.
I guess I'll reschedule for next year.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on August 04, 2020, 04:35:21 AM
Covid is surging in my brother's town.

Him and his wife actually got tested two days ago and came out negative, but we're supposed to have a family celebration this weekend (my birthday) and I don't know what to do.

:hug:

I'm sorry. These kinds of decisions suck so much. I hope whatever you decide you have a lovely weekend.