49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on July 25, 2020, 05:21:53 AM
Most of my apartments (including the ones where I lived in Madrid, NY, and Barcelona) were all Ikea, I traded cities but my furniture has stayed the same  :D

It seemed pretty ubiquitous in Barcelona.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

The supermarket today was completely the opposite of IKEA. The only indication of corona was checkouts working from a singular queue down the ale aisle.
So many people without masks despite them being mandatory from yesterday.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

I did my weekly shop at Morrisons today and found the opposite.  All of the shoppers I saw were masked, and about 90% of the employees.
The only exceptions were at the checkouts when behind their plastic barriers...all of those roaming about the store were masked.

Richard Hakluyt

Bought some pizza ingredients at Lidl today; pretty busy, but all the customers were wearing masks apart from one standout.

The Larch

Quote from: merithyn on July 25, 2020, 12:03:04 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 25, 2020, 05:21:53 AM
Most of my apartments (including the ones where I lived in Madrid, NY, and Barcelona) were all Ikea, I traded cities but my furniture has stayed the same  :D

It seemed pretty ubiquitous in Barcelona.

A whole generation of young people in big cities all over the globe has furnished their appartments through Ikea, so it's become a bit of a universal style. Not to mention almost every single AirBnb in the world.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 26, 2020, 06:17:13 AM
Bought some pizza ingredients at Lidl today; pretty busy, but all the customers were wearing masks apart from one standout.

Plot twist: RH was the one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Haircut chat: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07145GM4B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RFBhFbD1DYQSP
I've had my hair short and cool for the whole pandemic.  :cool:

I haven't been out much, but the few times I've been to stores or shopping centers, mask usage has been nearly 100%. All stores require masks as well.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 26, 2020, 11:55:29 AM

Plot twist: RH was the one.

I like to think i look really cool in my black facemask, mirrorshades and widebrimmed hat  :P

11B4V

Ever since I started using the bbq for cooking homemade pizza, that is the only pizza for me now.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maximus

Quote from: Syt on July 22, 2020, 12:22:27 AM
Dunno, he's always given off a puerile horniness IMHO.
Yea, but good luck finding puerile these days.

Admiral Yi

Iowa has extended unemployment benefits for another 13 weeks.  :w00t:

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2020, 10:53:57 PM
Iowa has extended unemployment benefits for another 13 weeks.  :w00t:

I thought you were working.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Zanza

We have those mandatory registrations at restaurants meant to track people in case of outbreaks. Police now used these to track people for completely unrelated issues in multiple cases. The consequence is that people now give wrong names and contact data. Destroying the trust of people in data security means it will be harder to fight this virus...

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on July 29, 2020, 12:12:50 AM
We have those mandatory registrations at restaurants meant to track people in case of outbreaks. Police now used these to track people for completely unrelated issues in multiple cases. The consequence is that people now give wrong names and contact data. Destroying the trust of people in data security means it will be harder to fight this virus...
:bleeding: Sometimes the cops just can't help being themselves, regardless of country.