I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Eddie Teach

Or maybe Kroger and Home Depot are smarter than Wal-Mart.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 15, 2020, 04:32:25 PM
Or maybe Kroger and Home Depot are smarter than Wal-Mart.
I find that the caliber of customer at all three is roughly the same around here.

I wonder if that says something about me...  :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Off to Whole Foods with the likes of you!  :mad:

Caliga

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2020, 04:25:19 PM
I was at Home Depot and Kroger on Sunday and mask usage was 100% at both.  Is Kentucky: smarter than Iowa.

I went to Hy-Vee twice while in Des Moines, and it was probably 95% masks both times. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2020, 04:25:19 PM
I was at Home Depot and Kroger on Sunday and mask usage was 100% at both.  Is Kentucky: smarter than Iowa.

Does Kentucky: know how to use the question mark?

Caliga

Admiral Yi

Your masking rate is: very impressive, though?

Barrister

My boss sent around an email - the Government of Alberta is looking into "hoteling" for employees - where you would have no permanent office, just work from home and be given a temporary docking station when you do have to come in to work.

I have registered my displeasure at the idea. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on July 20, 2020, 12:24:54 PM
My boss sent around an email - the Government of Alberta is looking into "hoteling" for employees - where you would have no permanent office, just work from home and be given a temporary docking station when you do have to come in to work.

And so it begins...  :ph34r:

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on July 20, 2020, 12:24:54 PM

Last Friday we were told that if we'd like to do something similar, we can. Our team in particular is looking for everyone to WFH full-time.

Company-wide survey went out asking what people want going forward. 57% said they wanted to WFH full-time, 27% said that they wanted to do a hybrid like what you're describing, and 8% said that they want to be in the office full-time.

Grey Fox

My middle management is freaking out over WFH. We're supposed to all be back full time in the office the Tuesday after Labor day.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 20, 2020, 01:56:27 PM
My middle management is freaking out over WFH. We're supposed to all be back full time in the office the Tuesday after Labor day.

That was our first goal date. It's been moved out to November for those who want to go back. No one will be required to go back unless or until COVID has a vaccine and is "no longer a threat".

Grey Fox

Yeah, my american leader ship & my GFs american leadership is much more sensible to the vaccine talk & health threat.

A culture of a liability suing is my theory on this.

On another subject.

I haven't had an haircut since early February, I have reached the bandana stage of hair growth.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 20, 2020, 02:24:35 PM
Yeah, my american leader ship & my GFs american leadership is much more sensible to the vaccine talk & health threat.

A culture of a liability suing is my theory on this.

I suspect that we will be looking to condense the office down from multiple floors in multiple buildings to hotel desks and 75% WFH.

Productivity hasn't waned, people appear to be happier, and they're getting more work hours out of people who are no longer having to commute.