I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

PDH

Where in the fuck are people in Wyoming getting naan from?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on May 23, 2020, 09:13:50 AM
I hope biscuits means something else than cookies, if it doesn't DC would be taking it.

Not unlike the Hamburg classic, "Rundstück Warm", a roll with pork or beef roast, with gravy.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Oklahoma's croissant diet also seems peculiar.

Josquius

Will say back on topic I guess it's a good thing we've got this storm going on. I fear people are still on a high from ve day and there would be bank holiday silliness otherwise
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

We went out to a nice trail for a day of hiking. We first saw it a few weeks ago and have gone a few times. It's pretty nice for us and our son: very few people, wide trails, and not too busy. Unfortunately when we finished, we found that some dickhead and broken into our car by smashing the rear passenger side window. Nothing was stolen and some others there had called it in. Not the best start to a three day weekend.  :mad:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zanza

I visited some relatives in other parts of Germany as we had a four day weekend. There was pretty heavy traffic on the autobahn today, lots of returning tourists, especially camper vans. I went to two beach resorts on the Baltic Coast and while it was not like summer high season, there were plenty of tourists out. Let's see if this works out...

merithyn

I've done nothing but watch TV and eat since I logged off work on Friday.

This morning I got up and cut my hair, because why the fuck not? (No, I didn't shave my head, though it was tempting. Just bangs.) I was supposed to go on a hike today and I was just like.... no. That seems like a crapload of effort right now.

There will be a trip to the liquor store so that I can make a frozen lemon coconut rum drink a friend mentioned. And whisky because I'm out.

That's healthy, right? Asking for a friend.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

As long as you haven't made more than 2 drinks (or one blender full) at a time, you are being responsible.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

One blender full of rum may be a bit much though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on May 24, 2020, 04:33:07 PM
I am not here to judge.

Then what the hell are you here for?  :mad:

:P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 22, 2020, 04:58:39 AM
No idea about quarters. Also obvs I use imperial for human heights. So thinking about it, it's basically imperial = human size measurements, distance and things that are measured in pints and metric = everything else.

Quarters used to be the way to order cooked meat from a deli counter in the supermarket or market when I was younger; these days people seem to ask for a certain number of slices etc.

In fact, uncooked meat was always order in pounds from the market...although there was the one time my mother asked for her normal 2 pounds in weight of beef and the young man serving her thought she meant two pounds in value.

Also, Sheilbh, I thought the normal rounding for a pound was 454 grams, not 453?

That's what they use for burgers, anyway.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Had my first lunch out in months. Paella and sangría under the sun. Cliché, but awesome.

mongers

Great uncle, what did you do in the First Great Virus War?

[Mongers]

I stayed at home and moaned about the disruption to my holiday plans.

[/Mongers]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"