I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

celedhring

I met my mom last week, when she came to town for Covid testing (she tested negative). But haven't seen anyone else in the flesh since March.

A bunch of my friends live in Barcelona, which will remain off-limits until late June it seems, but I will be able to meet those that can't afford Barcelona rents  :D

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2020, 05:59:42 AM
I met my mom last week, when she came to town for Covid testing (she tested negative). But haven't seen anyone else in the flesh since March.

A bunch of my friends live in Barcelona, which will remain off-limits until late June it seems, but I will be able to meet those that can't afford Barcelona rents  :D

So Barcelona itself will stay in Phase 0 while the metropolitan area moves to Phase 1?  :hmm:

celedhring

They all move to phase 1, but Barcelona is its own area and we can't cross borders until the end of descalation, IIRC?

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2020, 06:11:17 AM
They all move to phase 1, but Barcelona is its own area and we can't cross borders until the end of descalation, IIRC?

No, you can move between different areas as long as they're in the same situation and within the same province.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2020, 06:14:36 AM

No, you can move between different areas as long as they're in the same situation and within the same province.

But here the regional government decided provinces were too Spanish and they're using a different demarcation, which puts me in a different zone than Barcelona.

Ah well, I'll check the rules once it gets passed.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 19, 2020, 06:27:10 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2020, 06:14:36 AM

But here the regional government decided provinces were too Spanish and they're using a different demarcation, which puts me in a different zone than Barcelona.

Ah well, I'll check the rules once it gets passed.

But that's for decision making, as in other regions (Galicia also asked to use those at first but provinces have been finally used, although there are no differences in practical terms as they've all moved ahead at the same pace), mobility is within the province as unit, unless there are some regional particularities. For instance, over here the regional government will ask for people to be able to move to a different province within the region for Phase 2, something that IIRC was only possible initially on Phase 3. In any case it's better to wait until rules are passed, yeah.

mongers

Did a late evening grocery shop yesterday:

THERE WAS YEAST !!  :boff:

I didn't buy any as it was the 'easy' yeast with the booster designed I'd guess primarily for bread machines.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

I was in a restaurant tonight, meeting another couple. We had dinner and a few beers. :w00t:

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2020, 04:40:22 PM
I was in a restaurant tonight, meeting another couple. We had dinner and a few beers. :w00t:

Edgy  :P

I had my parents over for a visit on Sunday. They seem to be utterly incapable of social distancing, we need to have a talk about that. The adults have become the children  <_<

celedhring

Does social distancing even work when you're sharing the same living room for 2+ hours?

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on May 20, 2020, 02:23:16 AM
Does social distancing even work when you're sharing the same living room for 2+ hours?

We were supposed to meet outside, in the park. But then my mom insisted on bringing cake and all kinds of crap so we had to go inside. There was an emergency plan for this situation too, but that went out the window quickly because they just do whatever they feel like.
These old people are impossible, I haven't seen any friends or family in the last ten weeks and they're happening visiting people almost on a daily basis.
I wasn't worried because I'm pretty sure I don't have it at this point (I'm much more likely to get it from them, in fact). But when things start opening up, I'm going to be more worried about seeing them.

Josquius

With the UK's current clear as mud rules, anyone know if it's now allowed to have a beer in the park or is that still verboten?

Thinking of meeting up with two friends over the weekend. They live together so no issue between them but I'll sit 2 metres away.
Not sure whether we'd have to do it in the garden or the park would be OK.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2020, 02:53:55 PM
With the UK's current clear as mud rules, anyone know if it's now allowed to have a beer in the park or is that still verboten?

Thinking of meeting up with two friends over the weekend. They live together so no issue between them but I'll sit 2 metres away.
Erm.

It's okay to sit and grab a beer alone, or with your household, or with one person from another household (I have no idea the logic of this :blink:). Last one obviously have to stay 2m apart.

Speaking of which I just had my first socially distanced can in a park with a (singular) friend :)

Edit: I think.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 21, 2020, 03:01:05 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2020, 02:53:55 PM

Erm.

It's okay to sit and grab a beer alone, or with your household, or with one person from another household (I have no idea the logic of this :blink:). Last one obviously have to stay 2m apart.

Speaking of which I just had my first socially distanced can in a park with a (singular) friend :)

Edit: I think.

Wait, in metric?! This is not the Brexit people voted for!

Sheilbh

:lol: No-one under 50 uses yards.

Personally I use metric for beer and milk, (human) weight, long distances (miles) and very small distances (inches); metric for baking measurements and moderate distances (metres) I have no idea how any of these relate to each other or if other people are a bit more regimented :blush: :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!