I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Valmy

Quote from: fromtia on May 07, 2020, 03:52:20 PM
Valmy, speak more of this "planning".

Who are you, that you are so wise in the ways of science?

Totally conventional planning. Contact tracing and testing.

I am not especially wise in the ways of science. Just that this very subject about China's neighbors has been discussed many times for a few months now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Sounds like.....book learning!   KILL HIM
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

I hear nylon stockings work well as masks. I need to go to my bank today. Think I'll wear a nylon stocking over my head.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on May 08, 2020, 08:01:33 AM
I hear nylon stockings work well as masks. I need to go to my bank today. Think I'll wear a nylon stocking over my head.

Just tell them you're limb-self defining, should be fine then.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2020, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on May 07, 2020, 06:09:02 PM
On the subject of masks, since I read a lot of nonsense these past few days:

Everyone of you should be wearing one outside of your house. 2 meters or 6 feet distancing notwithstanding. Do not bother going for surgical or medical grade. The point of masks for the public is to protect other people, not yourself. Any kind of face covering works.

Even if you respect 2 meters at all times, your secretions will end up on your hands and clothes if you do not wear a mask, and then you might infect other people indirectly.

That is all. Carry on.
Not a problem when you wash your hands.  And not a problem with the clothes when everyone respects the 2 meters.

But the situation is different in crowded cities, I recognize that.  It's hellish to go to the pharmacy or grocery store here, I can't imagine what it will be in Montreal.

Speaking of Montreal, I heard people in Rosemont were having deconfinement parties in their backalleys last week-end.  No wonder we still have a problem there.

It is a problem, countryside or big city. Not everyone can wash their hands everytime they touch something outside their home. Not realistic.

Just wear a mask. I wear one for 12 hours at a time at work. I think you can manage 30 minutes at the grocery store once a week.

crazy canuck

Careful, if the message that masks protect others gets out usage may go down. 

The Brain

I wear a full nuke suit 24/7. I think I'm fine.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2020, 08:36:06 AM

Hehe, I'm sure you do. You work in a nuke electrical plant or something like that, right?

The Brain

Quote from: KRonn on May 08, 2020, 05:27:59 PM

Hehe, I'm sure you do. You work in a nuke electrical plant or something like that, right?

Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But I certainly work in style.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2020, 05:34:16 PM
Quote from: KRonn on May 08, 2020, 05:27:59 PM

Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But I certainly work in style.

:D

Grey Fox

BB & I did a very Canadian thing separate but together on Saturday.

Went to Canadian Tire :yeah:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

You can buy more than just tires at Canadian Tire right? :hmm:  Tell me about this legendary store you people love so much.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on May 11, 2020, 12:28:11 PM
You can buy more than just tires at Canadian Tire right? :hmm:  Tell me about this legendary store you people love so much.

Yes, it sells household related things.

From Kitchen needs to Engine oil, from Power tools to Barbecues, from bikes to lawnmowers, from footballs to Dyson vacuums, from pools to patio furniture. Also has some junk food items.

It is also notorious for it's points program that for decades was giving out fake money bills. It is also a store where buying full price means you were ripped off. Always wait for a sale.

The Brain

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2020, 12:36:26 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 11, 2020, 12:33:07 PM
Also has some junk food items.

Now you've done it.

At one time, when Target was moving into Canada, it spoke of selling milk! Milk! In a tire store! We came so close but Target chicken shit out of Canada & no milk was introduced.