I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

That he looked like a bank robber. The evidence bit is hyperbole.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 07, 2020, 01:35:32 PM
That he looked like a bank robber. The evidence bit is hyperbole.

Well that is just an incompetent criminal then, always cover your eyes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 07, 2020, 09:24:29 AM
People in my area wear masks I'd say 50/50, but very few of my friends are or are planning to (and weirdly my NHS friends are very dismissive of its benefits :mellow: )

But there's also a weird poll that basically has the UK as a bit of an outlier in that it is concerned about covid-19 but very unlikely to wear masks :hmm:

I wonder if fear of the corona virus is related to trust in government.  I can't help but notice that many of the countries with a high fear of the virus also have inept and corrupt governments.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

What's Thailand's secret?  :hmm: Almost 70 million people, first fatality in January, yuuuge travel links with China yet hardly any epidemic to speak of. What specifically are they doing on the ground?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on May 07, 2020, 02:11:14 PM
What's Thailand's secret?  :hmm: Almost 70 million people, first fatality in January, yuuuge travel links with China yet hardly any epidemic to speak of. What specifically are they doing on the ground?

Those governments didn't believe anything that the Chinese government was saying and sent their own observers to Wuhan and observed the situation for themselves and then planned accordingly months ago. Thailand, Taiwan, and South Korea and the other countries in the area. They have been through this type of situation before and had a plan.

So what is their secret? Experience.

fromtia

Valmy, speak more of this "planning".

Who are you, that you are so wise in the ways of science?
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

The Brain

Imagine having a mature president who recognizes the need for egghead advice, like Camacho. :wistful:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

On the subject of masks, since I read a lot of nonsense these past few days:

Everyone of you should be wearing one outside of your house. 2 meters or 6 feet distancing notwithstanding. Do not bother going for surgical or medical grade. The point of masks for the public is to protect other people, not yourself. Any kind of face covering works.

Even if you respect 2 meters at all times, your secretions will end up on your hands and clothes if you do not wear a mask, and then you might infect other people indirectly.

That is all. Carry on.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Fuck it. I'm grilling pizzas this week end.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on May 07, 2020, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 07, 2020, 07:11:22 PM
Fuck it. I'm grilling pizzas this week end.

So today.  ;)

No sir, I work tomorrow. So Saturday.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on May 07, 2020, 06:09:02 PM
On the subject of masks, since I read a lot of nonsense these past few days:

Everyone of you should be wearing one outside of your house. 2 meters or 6 feet distancing notwithstanding. Do not bother going for surgical or medical grade. The point of masks for the public is to protect other people, not yourself. Any kind of face covering works.

Even if you respect 2 meters at all times, your secretions will end up on your hands and clothes if you do not wear a mask, and then you might infect other people indirectly.

That is all. Carry on.
Not a problem when you wash your hands.  And not a problem with the clothes when everyone respects the 2 meters.

But the situation is different in crowded cities, I recognize that.  It's hellish to go to the pharmacy or grocery store here, I can't imagine what it will be in Montreal.

Speaking of Montreal, I heard people in Rosemont were having deconfinement parties in their backalleys last week-end.  No wonder we still have a problem there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.