49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2020, 09:21:05 AM
I'm *trying* to give maskless people here the benefit of the doubt and assume at least some of them simply don't have access to a mask.  It's hard to believe that after two months people can't figure out how to get their hands on one.... but then again it's also hard for me to believe that there are still people who are hardcore supporters of Trump, so I guess I would suggest that if you are clueless enough to think he is doing a TREMENDOUS JOB, then you probably also lack the wherewithal to figure out how to procure even the most basic of face coverings.

I have 2 masks because my workplace gave them to me. Those I bought are still AWOL. Access is still not universal, I would say.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

I'm *trying* to give maskless people here the benefit of the doubt and assume at least some of them simply don't have access to a mask.  It's hard to believe that after two months people can't figure out how to get their hands on one.... but then again it's also hard for me to believe that there are still people who are hardcore supporters of Trump, so I guess I would suggest that if you are clueless enough to think he is doing a TREMENDOUS JOB, then you probably also lack the wherewithal to figure out how to procure even the most basic of face coverings.

Why are you worried about that when the murder hornets have already reached the Louisville area (according to a shady FB post someone made).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

I think masks are a critical mass thing.
Here you only see 1 in 30 at most with a mask. I think the key thing is people don't want to stand out and look like a nutter. If  it passes a certain point it would take off sharply.
██████
██████
██████

Maximus

Here you aren't allowed in businesses without a mask.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2020, 09:42:08 AM
Here you only see 1 in 30 at most with a mask. I think the key thing is people don't want to stand out and look like a nutter. If  it passes a certain point it would take off sharply.

Yes, one of my employees said he wouldn't want to feel awkward. Because not feeling awkward (which I thought was the resting English state? :hmm:) is worth endangering people's health.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 07, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Why are you worried about that when the murder hornets have already reached the Louisville area (according to a shady FB post someone made).
OH SHI
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on May 07, 2020, 10:05:42 AM

Yes, one of my employees said he wouldn't want to feel awkward. Because not feeling awkward (which I thought was the resting English state? :hmm:) is worth endangering people's health.
It's mainly feeling awkward about if we're being awkward :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Did my weekly supply run. More people in the streets with all shops being open again. Still mandatory to cover nose/mouth in shops. Outside I saw maybe 10% wearing a mask, felt less than last week.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Speaking of masks...

I don't really need one, as I can easily put 2m between me and anyone, but for the few times I may need one, I've looked at a few designs.

Now, regular cotton masks need to be washed each time we wear it, and they can be washed only for 5-10 times, right?

And I've seen incredible designs for masks designed to filter out pollution particles (forgot the name, PM2.5, I think).  Since we're told home made masks can help, I figure these two can help too, to prevent infecting others in case I have it?  They seem reusable a lot more than other types of masks, and I only need to change the carbon filters every once in a while (in my case, not that often).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2020, 10:23:32 AM

I hope we're going to see a lot of overturned convictions now. :unsure:

Habbaku

I think that level of introspection is beyond most prosecutors.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Would "being black" be more or less evidence in his view? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Yes and I think that's the situation here, maybe only 1 in 100 wear a mask here.

Oh and I'd be happy to wear one whilst shopping etc, but they seem near impossible to find/buy online as grumbler and grey fox mentioned.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Up until yesterday masks were active discouraged. Now they will be mandatory in public transport, as distancing just isn't possible there. But otherwise I'm not expecting people to wear them much.