I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

merithyn

Quote from: KRonn on May 03, 2020, 02:11:12 PM
Quote from: Threviel on May 03, 2020, 01:36:19 PM
I still haven't seen anyone with a mask, but they do have the glass inf front of the cashiers.

Most shoppers and workers in stores where I go are wearing masks. Most cash register counters have plexiglass or other material shields set up.

Same.

I went out for groceries this morning early and nearly everyone had on masks. The check out workers also all had them. The guy running the floor cleaner had one on his chin.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

The number of people wearing their masks on their chins, foreheads, or under their nose, is a little unsettling.  I don't think many people get the point of masks.

Caliga

Yeah, I saw that at Kroger last night from a few people.  It's like they think wearing a mask is a magic talisman, and wearing it correctly doesn't matter. :hmm:  I also saw two idiots standing in the middle of aisles with their masks pulled down, talking on cell phones.  Ever heard of texting? :rolleyes:

The lady in line in front of me was probably mid-60s, no mask, with a smoker's voice as heavy as the chick who voiced Pazuzu.  She was there to buy a two liter of Coke and two cartons of Marlboros.  It's like, are you trying to kill yourself? :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Week or two ago a friend of mine in Hungary saw two ladies meeting in front of a grocery store, both wearing masks. They greeted each other by removing the masks and kissing each other on the cheek.  :lol:

Grey Fox

You know that is why I don't really want to wear a mask. I have no self-discipline.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 04, 2020, 07:58:29 AM
You know that is why I don't really want to wear a mask. I have no self-discipline.
But surely you have the common sense to know not to do these things?  I mean, if you MUST talk on your cell phone while wearing a mask, if you hold it right up to your mouth I very much doubt the person on the other end won't be able to hear you, for example. :hmm:

The Brain

We all wear masks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2020, 08:01:23 AM
But surely you have the common sense to know not to do these things?  I mean, if you MUST talk on your cell phone while wearing a mask, if you hold it right up to your mouth I very much doubt the person on the other end won't be able to hear you, for example. :hmm:

You would think so but I also know I'm not supposed to touch my face & I keep doing it. All the time.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 04, 2020, 08:22:30 AM

You would think so but I also know I'm not supposed to touch my face & I keep doing it. All the time.

is your penis there

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Brain on May 04, 2020, 08:27:41 AM

is your penis there

Just a drawing of one.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 04, 2020, 08:34:13 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 04, 2020, 08:27:41 AM

is your penis there

Just a drawing of one.

:thumbsup:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 01, 2020, 02:01:56 PM
We bought masks.  I think we have 20 purchased for $25.  The thin single-use disposable kinds.

But I don't think we could find more, so I haven't been using them.

Try Canadian Tire - our local store had boxes of the good kind. 

Caliga

That's just a compulsion... I do it too, unless I am wearing a mask. :)

celedhring

Yeah, the mask is very useful to keep my compulsion to touch my face in check.

Zanza

It's my father's birthday in two weeks and I wonder if I should drive through most of Germany to celebrate a bit with him. As I've been in social distancing for like six or seven weeks now, I am certain that I don't have the virus, so there is no real risk. It still feels wrong somehow.