49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

fromtia

Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2020, 03:54:19 PM

The resting began with waking at 9:30, and a breakfast of a cheese omelette with a mimosa to drink.  This will be a breather, but I get to hit the ground again on Monday.

Excellent approach.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on May 01, 2020, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: fromtia on April 30, 2020, 08:58:40 PM
Quote from: PDH on April 30, 2020, 08:28:51 PM

I am mentally exhausted by this.  Emotionally I am a beaten dog.

This too shall pass. Hang on old bean.

The resting began with waking at 9:30, and a breakfast of a cheese omelette with a mimosa to drink.  This will be a breather, but I get to hit the ground again on Monday.

Sounds like the perfect break. ^_^
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Like Yi, I did a grocery run. Barely any one was mask, not even the staff. I have 2 reusable ones, haven't wore them yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Here, one cannot get into a store without a mask.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fromtia

Well Monday is the beginning of the end of Floridas lockdown. I ventured out today for groceries, hitting Aldi and then Wal Mart in a two pronged value driven assault on the supply chain. I secured enough to get the four (five if you count my cat, Eddy Merckx) of us through the next ten days or so for about $80. They call me frugal mcfuck and we are having beans and rice for dinner again!

Stores were pretty busy, although still observing social distancing. Less masks, perhaps a third of people? The auto-cashiers in Wal Mart malfunctioned so I was stuck in a throng of impatient shoppers for a while. May as well have been in the insect pit in Peter Jacksons King Kong. "I'm in danger" in my best Ralph Wiggum chuckle.

No yeast.

Now the washing machine is behaving like it's about to die. It's a Maytag too, and only 6 years old, a bit of a frustration.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

derspiess

Perfect day, weather-wise. Good a time as any to smoke my last Cuban cigar.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Amazon Fresh had let me down with no shopping slots available the last two days.

This morning, after checking what sites had availability on a free telegraph article, ending up splitting all purchases between Co-Op (1st time shopper) and Iceland (1st time shopper).

Then, after all was done, Amazon has a slot available. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So amazon fresh should be full groceries?
I ordered some stuff from amazon last week and to boost up my order to the magic £20 free delivery I threw some beers in. It seems they're being delivered separately as part of amazon fresh though. Coming all the way from Leicestershire. I feel a dick.

Here an awful lot of people are living life as normal as if the lockdown is over.
Thus far the ignorance hasn't bit us in the arse and given a massive breakout, fingers crossed.
I've been sort of breaking it too with my dad coming over to help with getting my house livable. We figure my mam works in a school and does the shopping for my parents so if there's to be an infection vector it's through her, the most at risk person, anyway.
Yesterday we put down laminate in the bedroom so I could sleep there last night. It does feel much better to sleep somewhere spacious. Also... It frees up my PC room.... Gaming day ho. Finally.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: PDH on May 02, 2020, 04:19:34 PM
Here, one cannot get into a store without a mask.

I bought a couple reusable masks. Like GF I haven't used them. But I am convinced that when they open things up here, in Ontario, they will make you wear one. Which is good.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on May 02, 2020, 06:37:40 PM
Well Monday is the beginning of the end of Floridas lockdown. I ventured out today for groceries, hitting Aldi and then Wal Mart in a two pronged value driven assault on the supply chain. I secured enough to get the four (five if you count my cat, Eddy Merckx) of us through the next ten days or so for about $80. They call me frugal mcfuck and we are having beans and rice for dinner again!

Stores were pretty busy, although still observing social distancing. Less masks, perhaps a third of people? The auto-cashiers in Wal Mart malfunctioned so I was stuck in a throng of impatient shoppers for a while. May as well have been in the insect pit in Peter Jacksons King Kong. "I'm in danger" in my best Ralph Wiggum chuckle.

No yeast.

Now the washing machine is behaving like it's about to die. It's a Maytag too, and only 6 years old, a bit of a frustration.

Yep same here, curse the great british bake off.

Formtia, thanks forth washing machine 'tip-off' I think that's next to go here; the last two weeks here have been the boiler going down and the roof leaking, both of which I manage to 'sort'. :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: fromtia on May 02, 2020, 06:37:40 PM

No yeast.

Lockdown here in Massachusetts until May 18 is the latest from the Governor. But MA is in the midst of the pandemic curve. Surrounding states New Hampshire and Vermont have started opening or will be soon.

Threviel

I still haven't seen anyone with a mask, but they do have the glass inf front of the cashiers.

The Brain

A few people with masks when I'm out and about, but not many.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: Threviel on May 03, 2020, 01:36:19 PM
I still haven't seen anyone with a mask, but they do have the glass inf front of the cashiers.

Most shoppers and workers in stores where I go are wearing masks. Most cash register counters have plexiglass or other material shields set up.