I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

derspiess

I've never been a huge fan of DQ's food.  They even managed to screw up a hotdog last time I got something from there.

Some local places here are stepping up their carryout game though and have updated their menu with some good family-sized meals.  I'm eating more restaurant food than I ever have, in an effort to try and help my favorite places stay afloat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2020, 10:16:00 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2020, 08:58:07 AM
I've always wanted to get DQ fast food. The DQ here is only sells the ice cream products.

Don't bother.  Maybe the worst chain burger on offer.  IIRC it's because Yum! fucks up any companies they take over.

A pity, because I thought they made a good burger when I was a kid.
Yum! doesn't own DQ.  They bought A&W and totally fucked that up, so maybe that's what you are thinking of.  I do agree with your general sentiment about Yum! and like to refer to it as 'Restaurant Destroyer'. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I've always wanted to get DQ fast food. The DQ here is only sells the ice cream products.
Also I agree that the burgers at DQ suck, but I really like their chicken tenders, and at least down here you can get sawmill gravy to dip them in. :cool:

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2020, 11:45:43 AM

Don't bother.  Maybe the worst chain burger on offer.  IIRC it's because Yum! fucks up any companies they take over.

Yum! doesn't own DQ.  They bought A&W and totally fucked that up, so maybe that's what you are thinking of.  I do agree with your general sentiment about Yum! and like to refer to it as 'Restaurant Destroyer'. :)

A&W Canada is awesome though - though it's an independent company oddly enough.  A&W is the 4th largest chain restaurant in Canada (behind Tim Hortons, Subway, and McDonalds).

Lately they really stress the quality of their ingredients - that it's raised without hormones and steroids.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Yes, right, I should have clarified that Yum! doesn't own (and hence has failed to destroy) A&W Canada.  I did know that but failed to mention it as Canadians are rarely worthy of mention. :sleep:

Barrister

Yum! doesn't own A&E (ROTW) either.  Apparently it was sold to a consortium of franchisees in 2011.

Although as I look at the wiki page, the one thing A&E (ROTW) has that Canada doesn't is the Great Root Bear mascot.  That darn bear was even invented in Canada (together with the tuba theme) and imported into the US, but the Canadian chain hasn't used him in a couple of decades.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

The DQ burger is my favorite fast food burger.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2020, 12:25:07 PM
Yum! doesn't own A&E (ROTW) either.  Apparently it was sold to a consortium of franchisees in 2011.
Yeah I know, I guess I also should have mentioned the sale.  They sold off Long John Silvers at the same time.  I believe A&W is now based in Lexington, KY, and Long John Silvers is based in Louisville.  In fact, Long John Silver's corporate HQ occupies my company's old corporate office, and their Treasurer is sitting in my old office. :D  I only know that because a former admin of mine now works there.

derspiess

I'd like to imagine their treasurer's office really went big on pirate theming.

Remember when Long John Silver's had a little dignity? 😀

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1249876624289533953?s=19
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2020, 05:20:27 PM
I'd like to imagine their treasurer's office really went big on pirate theming.

How do you make an old HR office exciting?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Just figured out my personal secret to low effort house cleaning. Keep your projects limited in size.  One room a day. :)

fromtia

I'm making potato pancakes. I've played war Thunder for 5 days straight and talked to all the people I haven't seen for twenty or thirty years on facetime. The walls are closing in.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on April 24, 2020, 04:51:58 PM
I'm making potato pancakes. I've played war Thunder for 5 days straight and talked to all the people I haven't seen for twenty or thirty years on facetime. The walls are closing in.

:D :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

My sleep cycle has moved 24 hours through the clock face the last 12 days or so.  I've read the natural human sleep cycle is about 24.4 hours long.  Tested in undersea conditions.

Malthus

I've been finding all these odd little places in my neighborhood - the other day I found a somewhat-hidden trail that runs under some hydro lines - it runs for quite a long way, bounded on one side by people's back yards and on the other side by some rail tracks, and is basically deserted. At one end it sort of peters out into a bunch of untended brush, and on the other it crosses a major road and appeared to disappear- but as it turns out, it has a pretty well hidden entrance and continues all the way to the Humber.

It's weird, because you are so close to a bustling city, yet it is utterly deserted by people. At the end where it meets the river, there is an awesome view, as you are on top of a high cliff overlooking the river - I could see no way to get down, and the only way to cross was to walk over he rail bridge, which looked like a seriously bad idea.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius