I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Iormlund

Just received the Ok to go to plant from the doc. Got assigned a meeting room* as a makeshift office for myself so contact should be minimal.

* All meetings are now to take place via Skype.

PS. Good to hear that Hans!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Iormlund on April 21, 2020, 01:36:07 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 21, 2020, 12:25:34 PM
Unless you take the bus at night where there is a grand total of one user (you).
Metros ending sooner means there is always more people.

You can still get it if nobody is there though. There was one case I remember of a patient in China whose infection was traced to a person who left the bus half an hour before he/she took it.

Assuming it's not airborne, bus stop buttons are indeed traps. Plus whatever handlebars people. So either bus drivers stop at each station or gentle elbowing to minimise exposure.

The buses over here are preferred by the elderly over metro hard stairs so I can see how it could become a death trap. I still see some taking it for a couple of stops, because they can hardly walk.

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2020, 06:44:23 PM
One other thing I notice is that I get far fewer spam and robo calls on my home phone and cell. I find that great but odd, as I don't know why spammers are affected? Or maybe their employees can't or won't work because of the shutdowns and lockouts, or they refuse to work.

I hear people saying the same, and I'm jealous.  I'm getting as many Credit Card Rate Reduction, Car Warranty, and whatever the hell they're saying in Chinese calls on my cellphone as I did pre-Covid.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 21, 2020, 08:17:16 PM
Well, my wife and I recovered from COVID-19, luckily it didn't affect us too severely.  I had fever for 8 days, my wife had fever for 2 weeks and some mild respiratory problems.

Glad to hear it.  Can you spare some antibodies? :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 21, 2020, 08:17:16 PM
Well, my wife and I recovered from COVID-19, luckily it didn't affect us too severely.  I had fever for 8 days, my wife had fever for 2 weeks and some mild respiratory problems.

:punk:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on April 22, 2020, 03:10:54 AM
Just received the Ok to go to plant from the doc. Got assigned a meeting room* as a makeshift office for myself so contact should be minimal.

First day went pretty well.

The (10) cotton masks we got are a bit crappy and we'll need to find a way to secure them in place (I'm thinking wire). But at least everyone was wearing either those or some other kind of mask (surgical, n95) and generally following the safety distancing guidelines. Lots of work going on to isolate each worker in time for restart of production this Monday. We seem to be well-stocked of gel, pre-set routes have been marked on the floor, we're drafting new operating procedures, 3D printing a lot more visors and implementing automated temperature readings prior to entry.

All in all pretty good impression. Though only a reduced and "elite" part of the staff were present (engineers, techs, supervisors and lead operators) so we'll see how it goes when more people show up.

Also a surprising amount of people have given up smoking. :)

mongers

Quote from: Iormlund on April 22, 2020, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on April 22, 2020, 03:10:54 AM

First day went pretty well.

The (10) cotton masks we got are a bit crappy and we'll need to find a way to secure them in place (I'm thinking wire). But at least everyone was wearing either those or some other kind of mask (surgical, n95) and generally following the safety distancing guidelines. Lots of work going on to isolate each worker in time for restart of production this Monday. We seem to be well-stocked of gel, pre-set routes have been marked on the floor, we're drafting new operating procedures, 3D printing a lot more visors and implementing automated temperature readings prior to entry.

All in all pretty good impression. Though only a reduced and "elite" part of the staff were present (engineers, techs, supervisors and lead operators) so we'll see how it goes when more people show up.

Also a surprising amount of people have given up smoking. :)

Sounds good Iorm and weird to think people are now having to carefully think out everyday inactions in a way not seen before.

Also, good on those giving up smoking; personal, societal and health service benefits all round.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

At the risk of offending Zoupa with my whining...

The last couple of days have been particularly hard. I don't know why. Maybe because it's already a shit season for me? I don't know. Spring is my least favorite for a lot of reasons that generally begin and end with men fucking me over this time of year. And allergies. Regardless, this year follows the pattern of the last three years, only worse because it's affecting everyone.

Given half a chance, I'd lose myself in wine, ice cream, sleep, and hot baths, but since that's not an option, I'm going to muddle through until I can hole up in my room and cry myself to sleep.

Also, as a public service announcement, Uber Eats delivers Dairy Queen. Yer welcome.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

We don't have Uber eats here, so fuck you. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2020, 08:21:06 PM

Bugger eats aren't here either.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

KRonn

I have a doctor tele-appointment tomorrow, just a phone call actually. For an issue with my ankle, probably tendinitis in my Achilles heel. Today also I had to re-schedule an appointment with another doc from this week to July. My primary care doctor office has been open though not very active.

I spoke to a neighbor/friend who is a cop. His wife is a nurse, says they're really busy with Covid. If someone is on a respirator for it then it could be a week or several weeks, where if the flu requires a respirator it's for a much shorter time.

A co-worker who's son is a nurse says that his hospital is finding it hard to get staffed as some people are afraid to work. Probably those with existing conditions that make them more susceptible to Covid. Can't blame them.

My health care company is still doing furloughs for people who aren't essential, including medical people who aren't working on Covid. Same at many other medical facilities. A friend at a big Boston hospital says his place is also furloughing or laying off many people. He's in IT support but considered essential for what he does.

merithyn

Guess you're going to have to go get it yourself.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on April 22, 2020, 09:14:50 PM

Guess you're going to have to go get it yourself.

Chill, Meri.  I have seen him when he is hungry, it is not something to face lightly.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

I've always wanted to get DQ fast food. The DQ here is only sells the ice cream products.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2020, 08:58:07 AM
I've always wanted to get DQ fast food. The DQ here is only sells the ice cream products.

Don't bother.  Maybe the worst chain burger on offer.  IIRC it's because Yum! fucks up any companies they take over.

A pity, because I thought they made a good burger when I was a kid.