I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Zanza

My brother is a surgeon who had been assigned to his hospitals Covid 19 taskforce. But there were never enough patients, so he basically idled for four weeks. Next week they will restart regular surgery.

Iormlund

It's a good thing that you guys are weathering the storm. At least some of us will have a plan B. :P

merithyn

The Midrealm, my former kingdom in the SCA based in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and part of Kentucky, made a quarantine video. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5gyMUKRwqI

These are my people. :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

Nasal helms with aventails.  :wub:

I approve of the music choice as well.

merithyn

This is Meridies' response video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRE5UMudTc

They're in Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida panhandle.

merithyn

And I've no idea who made this, but it's cute. :)

EDIT: Oh, it's Glenn Abhenn, which is Mississippi and Louisiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZviHdwYOY

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2020, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2020, 09:41:43 AM
My supermarket has the corridors marked one way with arrows, which makes sense so people don't pass close by each other. But I get amused a bit as sometimes I have to pass the aisle I want, go down an adjacent one, to move into the aisle I want in the right direction.  :)

Is there a map app for phones? :D

Hehe, given that many stores are doing the same with one way aisles, maybe someone will make an app! 

KRonn

One other thing I notice is that I get far fewer spam and robo calls on my home phone and cell. I find that great but odd, as I don't know why spammers are affected? Or maybe their employees can't or won't work because of the shutdowns and lockouts, or they refuse to work.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2020, 06:44:23 PM
One other thing I notice is that I get far fewer spam and robo calls on my home phone and cell. I find that great but odd, as I don't know why spammers are affected? Or maybe their employees can't or won't work because of the shutdowns and lockouts, or they refuse to work.

You know I wouldn't have thought about this, but for you mentioning it. And you're right, I haven't had any either. A small cause for celebration during the lockdown. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2020, 06:58:58 PM
Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2020, 06:44:23 PM

You know I wouldn't have thought about this, but for you mentioning it. And you're right, I haven't had any either. A small cause for celebration during the lockdown. :cheers:

Indeed! :)

I never answer them unless I know who it's from with caller ID. I don't think I've gotten any on my cell phone in at least the last week, though I get fewer on that.

Hansmeister

Well, my wife and I recovered from COVID-19, luckily it didn't affect us too severely.  I had fever for 8 days, my wife had fever for 2 weeks and some mild respiratory problems.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 21, 2020, 08:17:16 PM
Well, my wife and I recovered from COVID-19, luckily it didn't affect us too severely.  I had fever for 8 days, my wife had fever for 2 weeks and some mild respiratory problems.

Good news.  :)

Though I fear some of us won't be as lucky, as you say you were.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Good to hear Hans. Glad you both recovered ok, though you both were sick for a while.

I wonder if I had Covid in mid-January. I had a sore throat and congestion for a few days over the long Martin Luther King Holiday weekend. At the time I figured just a cold or something and likely a cold is what it was.

Caliga

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 21, 2020, 08:17:16 PM
:cheers:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points