I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Tamas

I noticed today a guy was practicing his golf swing in the communal backyard (which I guess is somewhat smaller than a tennis court in size).

Sheilbh

I've not seen a one way system but people generally try and keep their distance in the supermarkets round me.

But there, in the parks and everywhere else parents with young kids do look more harried than normal as they try to look after children and keep them 2m from everyone else :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

My supermarket has the corridors marked one way with arrows, which makes sense so people don't pass close by each other. But I get amused a bit as sometimes I have to pass the aisle I want, go down an adjacent one, to move into the aisle I want in the right direction.  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2020, 09:41:43 AM
My supermarket has the corridors marked one way with arrows, which makes sense so people don't pass close by each other. But I get amused a bit as sometimes I have to pass the aisle I want, go down an adjacent one, to move into the aisle I want in the right direction.  :)

The solution ----  stop/traffic lights inside supermarkets and malls?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

I bought a new bicycle. Still hasn't been delivered. Hope I get it before May.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2020, 10:28:56 AM
I bought a new bicycle. Still hasn't been delivered. Hope I get it before May.

:cool:

Good luck with it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2020, 10:28:32 AM

The solution ----  stop/traffic lights inside supermarkets and malls?  :D

:D

Syt

Is there a map app for phones? :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I see a lot of cases of good intentions going bad.  For example, someone is keeping their social distance on the checkout line, but at the cost of standing in the middle of the aisle entry/exit.  Anyone who wants to get to the aisle has to rub up against them.  :hmm:  I'm also still skeptical of the concept of limiting the number of people in the store by making them wait outside.  There is not a whole lot of social distancing going there, and not a lot of mask wearing either (at least now it's mandatory to wear masks inside the store).

celedhring

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2020, 11:18:59 AM
I see a lot of cases of good intentions going bad.  For example, someone is keeping their social distance on the checkout line, but at the cost of standing in the middle of the aisle entry/exit.  Anyone who wants to get to the aisle has to rub up against them.  :hmm:  I'm also still skeptical of the concept of limiting the number of people in the store by making them wait outside.  There is not a whole lot of social distancing going there, and not a lot of mask wearing either (at least now it's mandatory to wear masks inside the store).

Over here there are marks on the sidewalk outside stores so people keep safe distance while in a queue. What I find that truly doesn't work is keeping safe distance inside smaller stores. Event with reduced capacity, the aisles are just too narrow/short.

To be honest even with masks, gloves and social distancing I'm firmly convinced grocery stores are the largest vectors of infection right now.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2020, 11:31:00 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2020, 11:18:59 AM

Over here there are marks on the sidewalk outside stores so people keep safe distance while in a queue. What I find that truly doesn't work is keeping safe distance inside smaller stores. Event with reduced capacity, the aisles are just too narrow/short.

To be honest even with masks, gloves and social distancing I'm firmly convinced grocery stores are the largest vectors of infection right now.

Well certainly one of the biggest and I think you're right about the outside queues.

For myself, if the supermarket I want shop in has any form of queue, I'll walk by and go home, then try again later.

I don't see the point of adding the risk of an extra 5-10 minutes in an uncontrolled environment, when I know during a quiter time I'm in and out of the shop in 1-3 minutes. Sometimes just a few 10s of seconds.

merithyn

Same here on both counts.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

Hospitals are probably worse. And the other big vector should be public transport.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Iormlund on April 21, 2020, 12:17:50 PM

Hospitals are probably worse. And the other big vector should be public transport.

Unless you take the bus at night where there is a grand total of one user (you).
Metros ending sooner means there is always more people.

Iormlund

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 21, 2020, 12:25:34 PM
Unless you take the bus at night where there is a grand total of one user (you).
Metros ending sooner means there is always more people.

You can still get it if nobody is there though. There was one case I remember of a patient in China whose infection was traced to a person who left the bus half an hour before he/she took it.