49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

fromtia

Quote from: PDH on April 19, 2020, 01:25:24 PM

Might make a delicious cheese though - the dairy world's version of fugu.

If cheese making were less stinky I'd seriously consider it. But four people being confined to the house while I attempt my first batch of "quarantine blue" might cause an insurrection and I'd be living in the back yard with my curds.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fromtia

Quote from: The Brain on April 19, 2020, 01:45:09 PM
They deserve a homeland.

These Backyard Turks are doing fine. They should follow the law and settle down.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

The Brain

Quote from: fromtia on April 19, 2020, 02:08:02 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 19, 2020, 01:45:09 PM
They deserve a homeland.

These Backyard Turks are doing fine. They should follow the law and settle down.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: fromtia on April 19, 2020, 01:21:59 PM
Thought I might make some Yogurt also. I want to find some cheesecloth and make the Greek yogurt with the fat and the deliciousness. Come to me microbes! But not you, Wuhan Wheezer, you fuck right off!

I use a loosely woven linen for my Greek yogurt. :mmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Been to the supermarket for the first time in over 2 weeks. Austrians don't really take to the whole masks thing. In the streets, maybe 10-15% tops are wearing a mask (including those for whom it's mandatory, like police or postmen). Everyone is wearing one in supermarkets, obviously. A few have their own homemade fabric masks, most take the ones that are provided on entry.

And they throw them away as soon as they leave. I saw a few people leave supermarket A, throw their mask in the bin, and then going across the street to supermarket B where they take a new one. Between the two are maybe 30-60 seconds at most.

One guy was wrestling his homemade mask from his pocket and had to untangle it from a used kleenex before putting it on. :x

Obviously, I can only speak for my part of town.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I hope someone who lives in a busier areas has been paying attention to how much people care about corona. Maybe a half hour of people watching a day. Counting the masks and people stopping for a chat.
I want to see the graph. It would be a slow and gradual increase with a sudden spike upwards which then withers over the weeks.
I've observed, even felt myself, going to the shop just doesn't seem the life or death emergency it once did.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

People do keep distance in supermarkets, though. Which makes "waiting till the other person stops browsing what I want to browse" a lot more awkward. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2020, 03:49:58 AM
People do keep distance in supermarkets, though. Which makes "waiting till the other person stops browsing what I want to browse" a lot more awkward. :D
I haven't seen that at all here. People queue properly outside, but once in they just behave as normal.
Particularly annoying are those with kids. The children just run around all over the place.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Same awkwardness here.  A local Tesco had switched to one-way only routes through their aisles...which to me seemed somewhat stupid.  It basically forces you to walk through every aisle in the store, and had me come in closer contact with far more people than I would during a shopping trip under normal conditions.

Maladict

Yeah, I just stare at people choosing between brands then give them a pitying, judgmental look, whatever they pick. Sometimes they even put it back :lol:

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on April 21, 2020, 03:51:51 AM
I haven't seen that at all here. People queue properly outside, but once in they just behave as normal.
Particularly annoying are those with kids. The children just run around all over the place.

Grocery stores here have signs that say "please one person per household" which tries to limit kids, and amount of people in store. We do have that akwardness of waiting until someone finishes browsing first. I do forget sometimes. Some aisles also have "one way signs"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I didn't encounter any kids while shopping today, except one sitting in the shopping cart's kid seat. Only one couple shopping, too.
—Stephen Jay Gould

KRonn

Hehe, I noticed that especially early this morning during senior hours shopping. Before people would sometimes walk right past me without distancing. 

First time grocery shopping in a couple of weeks as I had enough to get by. I did spend a bit more but was out of a few things like fresh meat/chicken.