9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2020, 12:33:05 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 18, 2020, 11:42:42 AM
How's Seedy doing?

Not a lot has changed for him. He's essential at the hospital, so he's still going in 3-4 days a week and working from home the rest. He's an introvert, so has never been much on going out and doing stuff, so that's not a lot different. I think he misses the niceties like the rest of us, but in general, his world hasn't changed much. So he's fine.

Good to hear.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fromtia

I've planted Papaya seeds. I have a mohawk. My beard is full.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Zoupa

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2020, 09:08:48 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 17, 2020, 11:21:18 PM
It's quaint seeing you extroverts losing your mind 2 weeks in while introverts have to go through 85 years of this shit.

Again, Zoupa, I'm at nearly seven weeks in.

And fuck I'm sick of the smug bullshit from those of you doing just fine. I've nearly died on the operating table twice and have been through more physical bullshit than most of you besides Ed could imagine, but one of you turns an ankle and you don't hear me going on about how easy you have it. Because it's not about me.

I'm hurting. I'm glad that amuses you, but fuck you.

Oh trust me, it doesn't amuse me. I just need to stay out of this circlejerk thread.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on April 18, 2020, 12:51:32 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2020, 03:37:01 PM
Making our own yeast.  Been meaning to do it for years.

What's with all the yeast makers?

I'm bored. Unemployed. Still making yeast is #287on my to do list. Right after watch the movie Roma and before "take down the Christmas lights."

Make your own bread, it's worth it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 18, 2020, 04:48:24 PM

I'm bored. Unemployed. Still making yeast is #287on my to do list. Right after watch the movie Roma and before "take down the Christmas lights."

I have a bread maker, and bake bread sometimes. I used to bake bread a lot, especially corn bread and a brown bread made with molasses which is delicious.  :)

Barrister

Mrs B took down the last of the Christmas lights today. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

A few years ago I attended a wedding in a small town near Castellón, and it was the middle of June and the Christmas lights were still up in the main street.  :lol:

Syt

Local radio station back home once ran a contest for keeping the decorated Christmas tree as long as possible. (It had to be a - formerly - live tree.) It ended in a draw between two or three people after 12 or 18 months. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 18, 2020, 04:48:24 PM

When my severance runs out, and I can't afford to buy bread...then maybe.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

It's not cheaper, that is not why you do it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

You do it so you can get your moist on.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2020, 11:33:14 AM
It's not cheaper, that is not why you do it.

oh..then for sure not
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

fromtia

Thought I might make some Yogurt also. I want to find some cheesecloth and make the Greek yogurt with the fat and the deliciousness. Come to me microbes! But not you, Wuhan Wheezer, you fuck right off!
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

PDH

Quote from: fromtia on April 19, 2020, 01:21:59 PM
Thought I might make some Yogurt also. I want to find some cheesecloth and make the Greek yogurt with the fat and the deliciousness. Come to me microbes! But not you, Wuhan Wheezer, you fuck right off!

Might make a delicious cheese though - the dairy world's version of fugu.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM