I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Iormlund

Looks like we'll be back at work on Monday. Still not officially confirmed, though.

The new office layouts look decent. All non-plant staffers are to WFH indefinitely, their desks and the meeting rooms will be used so everyone can seat at a minimum distance of a couple meters. In the shop floor we're staggering breaks and distancing staff as much as possible. Transportation may be a problem, but there should be more buses for less staff (low demand).

Our trim plant will provide masks for everyone. We've been printing face-shields for those who have to move around other people. There should be gel and soap in abundance (we'll see).
Last time I was there there were also disposable gloves to use under work gloves, but I don't quite get the usefulness since you can just as easily touch your face with those. I simply wash my hands thoroughly each time I take my work gloves off (thankfully those are full of grease/oil so you soon lose the reflex of touching your face).

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2020, 03:37:01 PM
Making our own yeast.  Been meaning to do it for years.

:w00t:

How??? From apples?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on April 16, 2020, 08:43:02 PM

How??? From apples?

I fear the reply will be TMI.   :P

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on April 16, 2020, 08:47:41 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 16, 2020, 08:43:02 PM

How??? From apples?

I fear the reply will be TMI.   :P

Could be.

@Meri,  right now just going the sourdough starter route using my mother-in-law's old recipe.  Was thinking of trying raisins and honey after the sourdough is well established.

Didn't think of apples-will look that up.

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2020, 03:14:34 PM
Don't forget the seven men (aged 40-60) and three women (aged 23-25) who were on a private jet that got turned back from France.

:lol:

Never got that juicy piece of news, background?

Liep

I'm not saying I prefer the lockdown, but the commons outside Copenhagen is blissfully quiet without the air traffic noise that usually comes in two minute intervals.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on April 17, 2020, 05:29:54 AM
I'm not saying I prefer the lockdown, but the commons outside Copenhagen is blissfully quiet without the air traffic noise that usually comes in two minute intervals.

Yeah, it's weird; I was in the forest the and I even stopped to take a photo a planes prominent contrails in the evening sky, so unusual was it now.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2020, 07:08:48 AM
Yeah, it's weird; I was in the forest the and I even stopped to take a photo a planes prominent contrails in the evening sky, so unusual was it now.

Was the 28 days later theme sounding in your head?

FunkMonk

My hair has gotten pretty bushy and frankly uncomfortable. My wife is going to cut my hair this weekend. Pray for me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2020, 08:58:48 PM
Could be.

@Meri,  right now just going the sourdough starter route using my mother-in-law's old recipe.  Was thinking of trying raisins and honey after the sourdough is well established.

What's your sour dough recipe? :) Mine was 1 cup flour, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon yeast, 1 teaspoon honey.

It's working so far.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 04:58:16 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2020, 03:14:34 PM
Don't forget the seven men (aged 40-60) and three women (aged 23-25) who were on a private jet that got turned back from France.

:lol:

Never got that juicy piece of news, background?

I missed it too. Was two week ago. They wanted to have some party in the Côte d'Azur but got rejected on landing at Marseille-Marignane airport. Some helicopters were waiting to transport them to luxury villa in Cannes. Tough luck!  :D
9 went back to London, the last one rented a small private plane to go to Berlin.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2020, 03:28:21 PM
Could be.

What's your sour dough recipe? :) Mine was 1 cup flour, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon yeast, 1 teaspoon honey.

It's working so far.

Pretty much the same, there is a bit of an odd sequence about how much to discard before feeding.  Not sure it makes a difference but my mother in law thought it did.

Iormlund

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 17, 2020, 03:17:49 PM
My hair has gotten pretty bushy and frankly uncomfortable. My wife is going to cut my hair this weekend. Pray for me.

I finally trimmed it all down to a couple millimeters to see if I could pull the Bruce Willis look when I eventually lose the hair. The guy in the mirror looks weird.  :lol:

Threviel

Could be.

It's working so far.

Won't that just make a yeast dough that you can bake with?

I do my sour doughs with flour and water, mix 50ish 50ish, put in a cupboard above the fridge and feed it with water and flour, keeping the consistency, once in a while. After a few days it starts to bubble. I sometimes grate an apple into it from the beginning.

Then I forget to feed it in the fridge :Embarrass:

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 17, 2020, 03:56:50 PM
Could be.

It's working so far.

Pretty much the same, there is a bit of an odd sequence about how much to discard before feeding.  Not sure it makes a difference but my mother in law thought it did.

That's about building the sourness, I think. I just keep using it and letting it sour in between, so I don't bother with that part.