I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Caliga

Hans, good to see you and hope you're doing ok. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 12, 2020, 06:24:21 PM
Well, my wife started having a fever 4 days ago and I started today.  Embrace the suck.

Get better pal :hug:

The implications of "flatenning the curve" is slowly dawning on me that I will likely eventually get this thing. I guess I need to be prepared emotionally and physically for that as much as possible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

It's not too late to move to a cabin in Idaho.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Currently I have no income, interesting times ahead.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2020, 10:18:01 AM

:(
What happened?

Tamas

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on April 12, 2020, 11:49:43 PM
Well, my wife started having a fever 4 days ago and I started today.  Embrace the suck.

The implications of "flatenning the curve" is slowly dawning on me that I will likely eventually get this thing. I guess I need to be prepared emotionally and physically for that as much as possible.

You'll be fine.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on April 13, 2020, 11:23:02 AM

You'll be fine.

So all that stuff about it being dangerous for the elderly and those with diabetes is false?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Be careful. I posted with that line of reasoning a few weeks ago and Tamas and Zoupa labeled me an edgelord.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Genius is rarely recognized in one's own time.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Are you eligible for any of the small business help or any benefits?
Let's bomb Russia!

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

You'll be fine.

So all that stuff about it being dangerous for the elderly and those with diabetes is false?

Those two things are high risk factors. So is being a male. Avoid the virus as long as you reasonably can.

merithyn

:hug:

Do you qualify for any of the state options while this is ongoing?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

You'll be fine.

No. Are you elderly and diabetic?  :huh:

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on April 13, 2020, 05:02:48 PM

:hug:

Do you qualify for any of the state options while this is ongoing?

Nope, I think I fall between the cracks, but that won't kill me; just need to make sure this virus isn't going to kill any of the family before I eventually get it.  :bowler:

For a laugh I tried to sign-up for the government UC benefit, I think come interview time, when I explain what I'm doing I'll not be eligible anyway.

But then I've always got free healthcare to 'fall back on', live in a rural area, I'm not in a vulnerable minority and most of my countrymen seem reasonable and none are buying guns in preparation for social collapse.  :bowler:

So I think somehow we'll muddle through, but afterwards I'll notice some of the older people I used to chat to or who were nodding acquaintances aren't out and about anymore.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"