I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on April 08, 2020, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2020, 03:18:19 PM
Get a grip people, except for Sheilbh it's been two weeks at most. For crying out loud.

Yeah. I'd happily trade my position with any of you whiners  <_<

You've never met my kids.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2020, 08:05:11 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 08, 2020, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2020, 03:18:19 PM
Get a grip people, except for Sheilbh it's been two weeks at most. For crying out loud.

Yeah. I'd happily trade my position with any of you whiners  <_<

You've never met my kids.

You've never worked retail in the middle of a pandemic.

Sheilbh

Just went out to the nearest corner shop. As someone who lives in a city because I like business and people and crowds I don't think I'll ever get used to it always look like a weekday at 3am. It's really eerie.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2020, 03:29:06 PM
Just went out to the nearest corner shop. As someone who lives in a city because I like business and people and crowds I don't think I'll ever get used to it always look like a weekday at 3am. It's really eerie.

All the time in the world to pick that one perfect Easter egg!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2020, 03:29:06 PM

Yes warm, still very light, but empty; I don't think many people will get used to it.

Though if the 'lockdown' is fully lifted, it'll make an odd sudden change, though I guess social distancing will continue.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Have to say around where I live, if anything it looks busier than usual.
Probably because rather than being at work people are stuck around home so are spending their time walking the dog or in the garden.
I haven't been to the city centre since this all started though, I expect its quite amazing there. I'm half tempted to go someday.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

You know sports news are slow these days when the Austrian state broadcaster's news page has an article about Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hansmeister

Well, my wife started having a fever 4 days ago and I started today.  Embrace the suck.

DGuller

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 12, 2020, 06:24:21 PM
Well, my wife started having a fever 4 days ago and I started today.  Embrace the suck.
Does it get worse at night?

Caliga

Emily sewed me a mask which I wore to Kroger today.  I felt like I should have been robbing the place. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2020, 06:57:26 PM
Emily sewed me a mask which I wore to Kroger today.  I felt like I should have been robbing the place. :)

Don't worry if this virus continues the way it has, you'll be doing that for real in 2 months time. 

Barrister

Stay healthy Hans. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Yeah get well Hans :hug:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

:(

Damn, Hansie hope it's not the real deal, but get yourself to a medic pronto if things deteriorate.

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on April 12, 2020, 07:09:53 PM
Don't worry if this virus continues the way it has, you'll be doing that for real in 2 months time.
:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points