I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

mongers

Quote from: Zoupa on April 08, 2020, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2020, 03:18:19 PM
Get a grip people, except for Sheilbh it's been two weeks at most. For crying out loud.

Yeah. I'd happily trade my position with any of you whiners  <_<

Zoupa glad you recovered, but it's a good reminder just how hard a job you guys on the front-line have.

I had to go into a pharmacy today, for family prescriptions, all the staff were wearing face masks, full aprons, a long transparent face shield and there was further temporary shielding around the counters and pay-points with just a slot to hand over paper work and receive the items in return.

This in addition to the 2 metre markings, entrance precautions and limits on number of shoppers, I hope would be enough to give them some adequate protection and significantly reduce the risks?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2020, 09:21:14 PM
Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2020, 07:36:11 PM
A lot of people out walking in my neighborhood, more so than usual. People very friendly even if they don't know each other. We all keep our distance of course. Seems like a camaraderie to some extent, we're all in this together.  I do know all my neighbors anyway, and when we talk we've asked if we can do anything for each other, food or supplies.

That's how things are on my street and I've never felt closer to my neighbors, oddly enough. But for the rest of my part of town-- holy hell, they are on edge. I've seen way more road rage on our main throughfare in the last three weeks than I've seen in the previous year, with much less traffic. And things are tense when you venture into Kroger.

If nothing else, this will have been an interesting social experiment.
I haven't driven a lot except to grocery store, pharmacy and occasionally the coffee shop but I haven't noticed (yet) nastiness on the roads. Traffic is light around town and all over really. A neighbor, with an essential job, who goes into Boston says he hits no traffic.

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2020, 06:26:45 AM
So, hopefully, by the 26th of April some restrictions will be lifted in Spain, according to the government. Only 18 days to go!  :)

I wouldn't be so sure. Perhaps back to work for non-essential workers. But I can't see the lockdown ending so soon.

Car manufacturers here want to start back again this month if allowed to, but at glacial pace. Latest projections are a drop of at least 30-40% for the rest of the year.
And when the guillotine comes there's just one engineer who's my junior in the company, everyone else has been at the plant for 10 to 25 years.

Razgovory

Get a grip people, except for Sheilbh it's been two weeks at most. For crying out loud.

You'd like to be a penniless lunatic?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

A friend went shopping.

AND THE YEAST WAS GONE AGAIN!

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: PDH on April 08, 2020, 09:50:18 PM
A friend went shopping.

AND THE YEAST WAS GONE AGAIN!

Don't let it get a rise out of you.

Syt

Really lovely day outside, perfect to just open all windows and let the spring air in while working from home ... except the building management picked TODAY to have a guy sand the metal frame of the little roof over our building entrance. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Iormlund on April 08, 2020, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2020, 06:26:45 AM
So, hopefully, by the 26th of April some restrictions will be lifted in Spain, according to the government. Only 18 days to go!  :)

I wouldn't be so sure. Perhaps back to work for non-essential workers. But I can't see the lockdown ending so soon.

Car manufacturers here want to start back again this month if allowed to, but at glacial pace. Latest projections are a drop of at least 30-40% for the rest of the year.
And when the guillotine comes there's just one engineer who's my junior in the company, everyone else has been at the plant for 10 to 25 years.

Oh for sure it's not going to be back to 100% as if nothing had happened, I agree, but a certain easing of the lockdown is possible and maybe even necessary. What I've read so far mentioned allowing people outside for exercise and letting parents take their kids out of the house. Also as you said some industries are already planning to go back into work later this month, even if on a scaled down version, which I guess is also desireable. Maybe it will take place on a regional basis depending on the state of the hospitals and ICU capacity or something, I don't see Madrid going back to normal (or the new normal) at all, for instance.

Monoriu

Really?  You really want to be a civil servant in Hong Kong?  No democracy?  Super expensive tiny flats?  :P

merithyn

I would give just about anything for a titre test to be widely available. That would mean the world to me right now. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on April 09, 2020, 09:06:27 AM

Really?  You really want to be a civil servant in Hong Kong?  No democracy?  Super expensive tiny flats?  :P

I'm not changing position with any of you assholes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

:lol: I'd gladly swap with Beeb if I had the skills.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

Why does Beeb want to swap assholes?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

Maybe his is too oiled up? Alberta's weird.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2020, 12:30:46 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 09, 2020, 09:06:27 AM

I'm not changing position with any of you assholes.

How often do you & valmy switch? Once a year?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.