I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

celedhring

I want to hug my parents. See people in the flesh...

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2020, 03:02:05 PM

Yes, also that. A lot.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

As soon as some restrictions are lifted, I'm biking all the way to the beach.

Besides all the hugging and the like, of course.  :P

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 06, 2020, 12:04:45 PM
I gave my youngest a "radio" - a once popular but now obscure device designed to receive broadcasted "radio" signals over the air.

Kept him occupied for the last couple days.

Funniest part was explaining why there is so much hissing noise.  He assumed it was broken.

As a kid I tried finding channels from farther away on the lower bands. With the right weather I might occasionally pick up Dutch or Danish stations, with much static. :D

It was easier to get AFN from Bremerhaven, and (at least in the 80s) BFBS.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on April 06, 2020, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 06, 2020, 12:04:45 PM
I gave my youngest a "radio" - a once popular but now obscure device designed to receive broadcasted "radio" signals over the air.

Kept him occupied for the last couple days.

Funniest part was explaining why there is so much hissing noise.  He assumed it was broken.

As a kid I tried finding channels from farther away on the lower bands. With the right weather I might occasionally pick up Dutch or Danish stations, with much static. :D

It was easier to get AFN from Bremerhaven, and (at least in the 80s) BFBS.

Mid-90s, dating a girl who lived on Winnipeg's north side - I lived on the south side, so it was a long-ish drive back and forth.

Late at night, after dropping her off at her parents place, I'd love to surf the AM channels to see what I could pick up.  I could reliably pick up a Chicago all-news station, but sometimes you could get even further away.  I think the furthest I found was a Kentucky or Tennesse station.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Get a grip people, except for Sheilbh it's been two weeks at most. For crying out loud.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2020, 03:18:19 PM
Get a grip people, except for Sheilbh it's been two weeks at most. For crying out loud.

Three  :contract:

PDH

And I want less human interaction, but I have to keep working here...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

25 days...
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2020, 03:02:05 PM

:hug:

Best I got right now. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

:huh:

This is the beginning of Week 6 for me. I was home with a "flu" March 2, at work for a few days after that, then this is my fourth week at home.

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on April 06, 2020, 03:30:15 PM

This is the beginning of Week 6 for me. I was home with a "flu" February 24, at work for a few days after that, then this is my fourth week at home.
:hug: Welcome, fellow shut-in :) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 06, 2020, 03:30:42 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 06, 2020, 03:30:15 PM

This is the beginning of Week 6 for me. I was home with a "flu" February 24, at work for a few days after that, then this is my fourth week at home.
:hug: Welcome, fellow shut-in :) :lol:

I had the date wrong. March 2, so not as long as you. But still not "two weeks". :P

PDH

All of you people talking about how hard it is to isolate and remain safe.

I am in charge of 4 people dealing with the mail who have to show up, sort mail (admittedly that has been waiting 24 hours), have multiple people come to the warehouse to pick it up each day, and basically run increased risk in all facets of what we do.  So I come in each day, I can't not and let the guys do it, knowing that I am increasing the likelihood that I will get this with a compromised system from too many bouts of bronchitis in the past.

Shut the hell up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

We're entering the forth week here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.