49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 03, 2020, 04:11:39 AM
Probably due to the shortage of pop and chocolate in the house.

I ordered some biscuits/baked goods to come from a local bakery next week. :ph34r:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

While on the topic of operas, there is a free service with a rotation of performances from smaller production stages: https://operavision.eu/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2020, 04:32:25 AM

I ordered some biscuits/baked goods to come from a local bakery next week. :ph34r:
I have been keeping a stock of biscuits because we need to keep our mood up and just have things to enjoy. Right? :mellow: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

So as a few of you know, I lost my job yesterday. My little weekly jewish paper, which was suffering from a pre-exisiting condition was felled by COVID, and is forced to shutter down permanently.
I've been there for around 30 years, so it's hard, but I'm healthy still and look forward to moving on, at some point.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 03, 2020, 06:41:43 AM

I have been keeping a stock of biscuits because we need to keep our mood up and just have things to enjoy. Right? :mellow: :ph34r:

I'm relatively well stocked, mainly oaty biscuits, rich tea for the afternoon tea and some ginger nuts bought last night in the co-op and half price too, 14p!  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on April 03, 2020, 07:04:37 AM
So as a few of you know, I lost my job yesterday. My little weekly jewish paper, which was suffering from a pre-exisiting condition was felled by COVID, and is forced to shutter down permanently.
I've been there for around 30 years, so it's hard, but I'm healthy still and look forward to moving on, at some point.

Damn, Josq that's hard, sounds almost like leaving a family setting.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

:( :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

:( :hug:

Sorry to hear that, must be really sad for everyone after so long but also that it's like a small community institution shutting down.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 03, 2020, 06:41:43 AM

That's the reasoning I used with my husband when I bought a box of 160 Yorkshire Gold teabags even though I've still enough loose leaf and assorted other teas to comfortably float a family of four tea addicts for a couple months. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Sorry to hear that. :(

The Larch

Sorry to hear that, Joe. Hope the future is brighter. :console:

Josquius

That sucks. Hope you've other potential stuff in the works.
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

I'm sorry, hon. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Sad to see another local media source go under :(

Good luck to you Jos :hug:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."