I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Hansmeister

I'm currently working 2 days at work/3 days at home per week. Much prefer working in the office, particularly since wife and daughter are home, but not missing the commute.

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2020, 05:09:16 PM
So do tell Zoupa, was there a formal all-clear procedure, some sort of test given, or is this something you decided by yourself based on symptoms abating?

The way the public health nurse explained it to me, it's counting 2 weeks since first appearance of symptoms. That's the WHO standard. Uptodate, the kind of Bible of medical resources, apparently suggests 1 week after 1st appearance of symptoms.

In any case, you need at least 24 hours symptoms free, which has been my case for a couple of days now.

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2020, 11:50:34 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 01, 2020, 09:14:07 AM
I've been working from home since last week, as are most in my IT user support group. The last time I was in the office two weeks ago there were few people there. My commute is short, only about four miles, but still it's so nice to not have to leave the house. The over 30 hospitals in the company are very busy but have also cut back or stopped some non-essential procedures such as elective surgeries, so we've seen people being furloughed. So far no one in my group have been furloughed but we're user support across all parts of the health care system so it's not likely we'll get hit with any or many furloughs.
:hmm: I thought you had retired KRonn?
I am retired, but for going on two and a half years I've been working at the company I retired from. It works out well. Part time, usually a few mornings a week 5 to 6 hours (I start early), though I can work as much as I want. They've been really busy, expanding and buying new hospitals all over the country.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 01, 2020, 03:57:56 PM
I've been working from home since last week, as are most in my IT user support group. The last time I was in the office two weeks ago there were few people there. My commute is short, only about four miles, but still it's so nice to not have to leave the house. The over 30 hospitals in the company are very busy but have also cut back or stopped some non-essential procedures such as elective surgeries, so we've seen people being furloughed. So far no one in my group have been furloughed but we're user support across all parts of the health care system so it's not likely we'll get hit with any or many furloughs.

Heh KRonn, good to hear from you I was going to PM you today with a question about what to do with my garden, but I gave up instead and just watered it.  :)
Heya Mongers. I'm going to plant a smaller garden this year. Broccoli and cauliflower in five earth boxes and a few rows in the main part of the garden. Giving most of the soil a rest for a year at least, will just fertilize it for next year. Broccoli and cauliflower generally prefer cooler weather but I have two types of each crop, one of each that prefers cool weather which I'll plant about mid/late April. Then in May will plant the two that are more heat tolerant.

What are you growing this year?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 01, 2020, 08:08:18 PM
I'm currently working 2 days at work/3 days at home per week. Much prefer working in the office, particularly since wife and daughter are home, but not missing the commute.

wtf

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 01, 2020, 08:34:56 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 01, 2020, 03:57:56 PM

Heh KRonn, good to hear from you I was going to PM you today with a question about what to do with my garden, but I gave up instead and just watered it.  :)
Heya Mongers. I'm going to plant a smaller garden this year. Broccoli and cauliflower in five earth boxes and a few rows in the main part of the garden. Giving most of the soil a rest for a year at least, will just fertilize it for next year. Broccoli and cauliflower generally prefer cooler weather but I have two types of each crop, one of each that prefers cool weather which I'll plant about mid/late April. Then in May will plant the two that are more heat tolerant.

What are you growing this year?

That makes sense.

Not organised anything as yet,  but given the UK is at least 70.000 foreign agriculture workers down due to the virus, maybe some basic greens might be an idea. :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Hansmeister?!?!?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on April 01, 2020, 08:16:13 PM
The way the public health nurse explained it to me, it's counting 2 weeks since first appearance of symptoms. That's the WHO standard. Uptodate, the kind of Bible of medical resources, apparently suggests 1 week after 1st appearance of symptoms.

In any case, you need at least 24 hours symptoms free, which has been my case for a couple of days now.

Groovy.  So what are you going to do now that you're clean?  Find a group of cleans on reddit and organize a big orgy?

Valmy

I don't really understand the point of that :hmm:

But yes it gets crazy working at home when you have your family running around.

Great to know you are alright Hans BTW :hug:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Gött in himmel. WB.

Really curious about your thoughts on the Trump presidency.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hansmeister

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2020, 10:30:34 PM

But yes it gets crazy working at home when you have your family running around.

Great to know you are alright Hans BTW :hug:

Well, we're trying to minimize the number of people at work as much as possible for social distancing purposes. I can do quite a bit remotely, but there are still some things I have to be onsite for, this applies to several of the managers so we each try to make it so we're not at work at the same time. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I will have to go to nearly complete home base very soon, even if it means some things don't get done.

Richard Hakluyt

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2020, 10:30:34 PM

It's the same scheme I proposed at work.

On one hand your are reducing direct contact time by 60%, and effectively distancing people in open office settings (our case). On the other, you can organize shifts in such a way that an infection doesn't force you to quarantine everyone in the office at the same time.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall