I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Eddie Teach

How do incest and square dancing go together?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

I don't make a point of googling random combinations of words in the expectation they'll make a reference of some sort.

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 30, 2020, 10:56:19 AM
I don't make a point of googling random combinations of words in the expectation they'll make a reference of some sort.

I think it's best if I stop replying to your comments on my posts.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on March 30, 2020, 08:22:12 AM
Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2020, 12:20:13 AM
I made phyllo dough from scratch today. My friend and I challenged each other to try it.

:mellow:

We've decided frozen phyllo is just fine.  :sleep:

It's one of those things that possibly could go into the incest and square dancing category.

What does "making phylo pastry from scratch" belong in the same category as incest and square dancing?

Making phyllo - sounds like fun, probably a hell of a lot of work.
Incest - eww
Square dancing - something dorky but I bet you would have fun with the right group

On square dancing, I've never done it, but Mrs B and I went to a number of these "Jane Austen-type" Balls, wheere you get dressed up in period costumes and do English Country Dancing, a close cousin to square dancing.  It was fun.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2020, 11:57:14 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 30, 2020, 08:22:12 AM
Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2020, 12:20:13 AM
I made phyllo dough from scratch today. My friend and I challenged each other to try it.

:mellow:

We've decided frozen phyllo is just fine.  :sleep:

It's one of those things that possibly could go into the incest and square dancing category.

What does "making phylo pastry from scratch" belong in the same category as incest and square dancing?

Making phyllo - sounds like fun, probably a hell of a lot of work.
Incest - eww
Square dancing - something dorky but I bet you would have fun with the right group

On square dancing, I've never done it, but Mrs B and I went to a number of these "Jane Austen-type" Balls, wheere you get dressed up in period costumes and do English Country Dancing, a close cousin to square dancing.  It was fun.

See both of my above posts. :rolleyes:

Sheilbh

Making filo pastry at home is not ever worth it.

It's up there with making croissants as someting I thought would be fun but then realised I'm perfectly happy for other people to do for me :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

fromtia

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 30, 2020, 10:56:19 AM

After another week of corn teen you will. Oh yes you will.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

fromtia

English country dancing was a mandatory activity at my elementary (primary) school in the UK in the 1970's. It was not fun. The Durham Reel in particular has left scars.

fromtia

I had a moment yesterday when I wondered how long it's going to be before I get to sit on an aeroplane again.

Barrister

Quote from: fromtia on March 30, 2020, 12:08:26 PM

English country dancing was a mandatory activity at my elementary (primary) school in the UK in the 1970's. It was not fun. The Durham Reel in particular has left scars.

And I'm telling you that if you're not being forced to do it, do it in a fancy ballroom, with people in fancy costumes, and with live music, it's lots of fun.

I don't remember doing The Durham Reel.  In fact the only name I can remember of one of the dances was Mr. Beveriges Maggot!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on March 30, 2020, 12:12:05 PM
I had a moment yesterday when I wondered how long it's going to be before I get to sit on an aeroplane again.

Some of us might be ahead of you, that is when they convert static aircraft to emergency overspill housing/hospital beds.  :D

Zanza

My brother is a surgeon in a hospital in Bavaria. He was now moved to the Covid-19 task force to support. After having the last week off as he was assigned to Team B, he had his first day in the Covid-19 suspected cases unit of his hospital today. There were 11 doctors for 9 suspected cases, so he could go home after two hours.

Eddie Teach

Incest - eww

What if it's your step-cousin? Or your sister-in-law?  :hmm:

crazy canuck

@ Mongers, I am afraid to say we have reached the point that many will not understand what we had thought were general cultural references.