49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

fromtia

Quote from: PDH on March 29, 2020, 03:12:26 PM

I got trash bags, some fruit, pasta, rice, eggs....and there was FLOUR AND YEAST there.

Im so cold.....and the light is fading....tell me the story one last time of the flour and yeast...
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on March 29, 2020, 04:13:34 PM
I'm noticing I'm paying less attention to the news these last few days. It's just too depressing.

Probably a wise move.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Did anyone else get ill earlier in the year?

There is a lot of muttering that loads were sick a few months back and combined with the alternative model... I do wonder whether I had it. Whatever it was absolutely kicked my mams arse and left me out of breath with simple light exercise.

Still assuming that was something completely different and acting as thought I've never had it of course. But the talk of this earlier spread is growing.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2020, 04:56:12 PM

There is a lot of muttering that loads were sick a few months back and combined with the alternative model... I do wonder whether I had it. Whatever it was absolutely kicked my mams arse and left me out of breath with simple light exercise.

Still assuming that was something completely different and acting as thought I've never had it of course. But the talk of this earlier spread is growing.

I felt lousy most of January and February.  Drained, slept all the time.

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on March 29, 2020, 04:13:34 PM
I'm noticing I'm paying less attention to the news these last few days. It's just too depressing.

Me too, I think it's much better for my sanity.

Caliga

I did, the first weekend in March.  I mentioned it earlier in one of the COVID-19 threads.  I thought it was gastroenteritis at the time, but I did have a high fever, chills, and aches. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

I've decided to limit myself pre-picked boxes like: "essential fruit and veg", "dairy and essentials", "toiletry essentials" etc.

I know I am an impulsive shopper when I go to a supermarket. But nothing really brings it home like an impulsive delivery you wait two weeks for  :Embarrass: :blush:

If I need anything that other people haven't considered "essential", then I will go to the shop. I will not take up any more space in the delivery system with my unrestrained nonsense :(
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Tyr, I think this and other similar stories doing the rounds is really wishful thinking rather than anything substantial.

Remember the outbreak in China was spotted by the hospital doctor seeing eight patients with the odd symptoms, he shared this info with other doctors, some of whom were seeing it (?) but then got into trouble with the authorities.

If the disease was in Western countries in January/February, I guarantee you the doctors working in a 'transparent' system would have shared the information with colleagues and the story would have gotten out then. 

Though perhaps then it would now be know as the Tyneside, Ohio or Kentucky virus?

HisMajestyBOB

Flu season was also fairly bad this year.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zanza

They tested several such cases in Germany for antibodies and couldn't find a trace of the virus before late January/early February  anywhere in Europe.

merithyn

I made phyllo dough from scratch today. My friend and I challenged each other to try it.

:mellow:

We've decided frozen phyllo is just fine.  :sleep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on March 29, 2020, 05:47:40 PM
[

Tyr, I think this and other similar stories doing the rounds is really wishful thinking rather than anything substantial.

Remember the outbreak in China was spotted by the hospital doctor seeing eight patients with the odd symptoms, he shared this info with other doctors, some of whom were seeing it (?) but then got into trouble with the authorities.

If the disease was in Western countries in January/February, I guarantee you the doctors working in a 'transparent' system would have shared the information with colleagues and the story would have gotten out then. 

Though perhaps then it would now be know as the Tyneside, Ohio or Kentucky virus?
Probably. We will see when testing becomes widespread.
The whole Oxford / imperial model debate is interesting. Though it does have a bit of a whiff around it with those who would rather we just let people die and close down the nhs.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: merithyn on March 30, 2020, 12:20:13 AM
I made phyllo dough from scratch today. My friend and I challenged each other to try it.

A colleague and his wife have started making sour dough from apples, flour, and water. A week or so to go until they can make bread from it. His wife is an archaeologist, specialized in the neolithic period, so this is kind of working from home for her (that and cataloging boxes of pottery shards). :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I first read it as phallus doll, and had to do a double take.  :blush:

mongers

It's one of those things that possibly could go into the incest and square dancing category.