Yay
1 (4.2%)
Nay
19 (79.2%)
Only if Jaron is invited
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Maladict

In a bit of a bind as my wedding is planned mid April. If I'm reading the contracts correctly I can still extricate myself from most of the costs, but I'll have to decide within a week from now. Thing is, we have a sizable amount of overseas visitors, who likely won't get a refund on their very significant travel expenses. And, as of now, there are no restrictions on having the wedding.

What sayeth Languish?

The Brain

How badly do you want to be allowed to have sex?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Sorry mate, but this isn't going anywhere in a month.

Valmy

I say go ahead and delay it. A month's warning is reasonable for your guests and everybody will understand. If you try to have it and have to cancel it closer to the date it would be far worse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on March 13, 2020, 02:37:45 PM

I don't think I'll be disallowed right away. Right?  :cry:

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on March 13, 2020, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 13, 2020, 02:37:45 PM

I don't think I'll be disallowed right away. Right?  :cry:

Are you living in sin??!?

Camerus

Hold it, but change it to a Masque of the Red Death theme.

Syt

Quote from: Camerus on March 13, 2020, 02:45:05 PM
Hold it, but change it to a Masque of the Red Death theme.

Alternatively, have the wedding last for weeks, and have the guests take turns telling bawdy stories.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

There is a very real risk you'll have to implement a line dancing only policy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

My friend got married yesterday. Instead of having the big wedding planned next month. There were four of us - all local - at the court to sign the papers. We had a nice meal. Big party with families from afar is postponed until after crisis.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 13, 2020, 02:48:13 PM
My friend got married yesterday. Instead of having the big wedding planned next month. There were four of us - all local - at the court to sign the papers. We had a nice meal. Big party with families from afar is postponed until after crisis.

I think that's the reasonable way to do it.

Maladict

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 13, 2020, 02:48:13 PM

Yeah, I'd be open to that. The in-laws might not even be able to make it here though. No parents = no wedding.

Oexmelin

In this case, none of the parents/siblings could make it (out of the country / from the West coast). It was all friends.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

If the parents must attend, then postppone. Considering that more and more countries are shutting down air travel or closing borders, it might be the smart thing to do.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Wedding in WoW? Just throwing it out there.