News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

When Does Pence Move Against Trump?

Started by mongers, March 11, 2020, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When Does VP Pence Move Against Trump To Replace Him As President?

Before November Election.
0 (0%)
Between Election and Inauguration
0 (0%)
Once Trump is in Office during 2021
3 (9.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
Never
22 (66.7%)
Trumps Dies In Office First
8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

mongers

When might VP Pence move against Trump to replace him as president?

The poll all but assumes he'll use the constitutional method that Trump has become unfit for office, whether physically or mentally.

Perhaps he's aware of some hugely serious criminality on Trumps part, but it's hard to see if he had such material, a) he wouldn't himself in part be involved and b) child ritual sacrifice in the oval office is likely the only thing that would get the GOP Senators to impeach him.

Please feel free to outline your scenario.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Been a while since we had an ossum mongers poll.  Thanks for reviving the tradition. :cheers:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 11, 2020, 07:43:25 PM
Been a while since we had an ossum mongers poll.  Thanks for reviving the tradition. :cheers:

:cool:

Though entirely 'academic' as if I were a betting man I'd say it's more likely the Trump replaces Pence with a crony or family member*

* any of his children yet eligible?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

The only non-zero probability scenario I can see is between election and inauguration of Biden, if Trump decides to take the whole country down with him over the next 2.5 months, and GOP realizes that Trump is now of no use to them while the country may still be.  It's still only technically a non-zero probability scenario, in that 0.0001% is technically non-zero.

Eddie Teach

I don't think you can see clear enough into Pence's soul to declare the possibility zero.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 11, 2020, 07:53:12 PM
I don't think you can see clear enough into Pence's soul to declare the possibility zero.
It's not just his soul that's in question, if such a thing even exists.  Pence can't just remove presidents whenever he feels like, there has to be a political consensus for such a move.  The only possibility for such a consensus forming is for Trump to cease being a political asset, and even then only if enough key people manage to snap out of their trance at the same time.

Admiral Yi

Yeah.  He would have to get 2/3 of 25 cabinet members to agree Trump is no longer a stable genius.  I' put this possibility out of my mind a long time ago because of the assumption that most of those guys are halfwits that like that black surgeon dude, and thus devoted to their orange overlord.

dps

I voted "Never" but I don't think that's exactly accurate.  I think that if Trump gets to the point where he literally doesn't even recognize the people around him, Pence and the Cabinet will invoke 25th Amendment.  I do think that there is a non-zero chance that Trump does get to that point (this isn't me being snarky about Trump in particular, either--the same would be true for anyone his age) but I wouldn't guess on it happening in any particular year.

Valmy

Pence is a man of god...and his god is Trump so I think Trump is safe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ancient Demon

I've seen no indication that he'll ever move against Trump.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Valmy

Quote from: Ancient Demon on March 11, 2020, 09:31:41 PM
I've seen no indication that he'll ever move against Trump.

It is nice when we have bipartisan agreement like this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I'm sure he rubs up against him from time to time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I had no idea this was a thing being discussed.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

That's why it's "an ossum Mongers poll."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.