News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer.

Started by Barrister, February 03, 2020, 06:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

That's too bad.

He kinda dropped off the radar after 2000. I know he's still got a radio show, just nobody talks about him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

His radio show appears to be still quite active. I wish him the best in this, as I would for anyone. I've had several relatives with lung cancer. Some made it quite a few years, others not so much.

alfred russel

He had the back of the tobacco industry all these years, and this is how it repays him.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Back in high school, we got to vote on what radio station to listen to during lunch--the top two would be listened two on alternating days.

Rush Limbaugh finished in the top two, but the school administration refused to play his show. It was my first direct experience with the vast left wing conspiracy.

Also, Rush Limbaugh has been around a long ass time.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

My dad subscribes to The Limbaugh Letter.  The guy who I bought my house from also subscribes, since I keep getting the damn thing (you'd think he would have noticed by now he forgot to update his mailing address, but no).  I think only old white guys like Rush.

Still, sad to hear this.  Nobody deserves cancer.  Fuck cancer.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Trump is giving Limbaugh a Medal of Freedom.  Which is only slightly better than Trump trying to give himself the Medal of Freedom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Nobody deserves cancer, but some are far more undeserving than others.  Those who made $500 million spreading hate and intolerance are probably not high up on the undeserving list.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on February 04, 2020, 07:20:51 PM
Nobody deserves cancer, but some are far more undeserving than others.  Those who made $500 million spreading hate and intolerance are probably not high up on the undeserving list.

He ceased being the only one decades ago. Many of the guys who followed him were far worse.

I thought he was at least entertaining in the 1980s before Clinton made him go insane.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."