News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So... I'm thinking about ECT...

Started by Razgovory, March 19, 2009, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Anyone here know any who got it or maybe got it themselves.   Would like to hear opinions. 

I just got back my Results from a some psychological tests.  They were not good...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Will taxpayers such as myself be paying for it?  If so, then no.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on March 19, 2009, 02:40:37 PM
European Central Time?

What?

Shock therapy.

that Psych class just payed for itself.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 19, 2009, 03:31:59 PM
that Psych class just payed for itself.  :)

You must've failed the English course.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2009, 01:32:48 PM

Of course not.  Missouri tax payers are smarter then the ones in Kentucky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Is MB serious and you are really considering to sing up yourself for shock-therapy?
That's just shocking.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2009, 03:07:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2009, 01:32:48 PM

Of course not.  Missouri tax payers are smarter then the ones in Kentucky.
8)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

electroshock is controversial, yes.

Mark Vonnegut, son of Kurt, wrote about what it did for him in his book The Eden Express. It ended his psychosis, which he thought was a good thing.
humans were created in their own image

Razgovory

I decided against it.  But I thank you all for your wonderful support.  Especially Cal.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2009, 03:34:20 PM
I decided against it.  But I thank you all for your wonderful support.  Especially Cal.

:-*

Darth Wagtaros

I remember that episode of Cheers when Cliff paid some guy to shock him whenever he was being obnoxious.  By the end the poor man was basically fried. :( 
PDH!

saskganesh

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2009, 03:34:20 PM

you should read that book anyway. it's well-written and humane.
humans were created in their own image

syk

Heard of good results for therapy resistant depression patients, not so much for psychoses. Some people swear by it. Downside seems to be that the effect wears out after a while and you have to repeat the treatment, but each time to a slightly lesser effect.