Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Savonarola on September 16, 2021, 03:58:34 PM
We should offer him asylum here in Florida:

French hospital worker on hunger strike over vaccine mandate

You can have all of them! You had false refugee posing as Marielitos, so perhaps in time a 1983 Scarface-like film can be made!  :)

QuoteThierry Paysant, a fire safety officer with the public hospital system in Nice, southern France, has pitched a tent in front of the city's Abbey of Saint Pons, and erected a placard reading "Hunger Strike" in large red letters.

Not exactly critical personnel. Nurses or doctors (very rare for the latter) would be more preoccupying.

QuoteAccording to his own social media posts, Paysant has in the past acted as a street medic during protests by the Yellow Vests, a citizens' movement that has organised demonstrations against the rule of President Emmanuel Macron.

There are other ways to oppose Jupin, not to mention you can oppose him and be vaccinated, or even show your health pass or QR code at cinemas.  :hmm:
He is Jupin (Jupiter) not Æsculapius, so not a god of (prophylactic) medicine.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2021, 08:07:55 PM
What we need is a conspiracy theory that works for us instead of against us.  We need to convince people that George Soros is funding anti-vaxers as part of his "White Genocide" campaign.

I can think of one for global warming/climate change, if you are interested. Please contact me for details.

Legbiter

There's been a cluster of cases all surrounding my youngest son at his martial arts practice, enough that the entire 3rd class at his school has been quarantined. The twist is that everyone else in the household is free to move about but him, with strong recommendations about not planting any kisses on your most elderly relatives in the meantime. He'll be tested next Thursday.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

Legbiter

Quote from: Jacob on September 17, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
Good luck.

How old is he?

An outgoing 7 year old. A prototypical "with his mouth below his nose"  :lol:

He's not a happy camper about this state of affairs but we Icelanders have a way of raising the next generation with the tail-end of horrific statistical probabilities in mind while kind of maintaining the "þetta reddast" mentality. He'll be fine, we're doing all this rigmarole just to slow the spread down.

It's a highly contagious illness, it will infect 90% plus of us in the next couple of years. Those already infected are at least 27 times more protected than those virgin vaccinated ones. Hell, just be like Berkut, get the bug while vaccinated.

Eddie Teach

I should hope his mouth was below his nose. Otherwise you would have probably sacrificed him to Odin.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 18, 2021, 12:44:12 AM
I should hope his mouth was below his nose. Otherwise you would have probably sacrificed him to Odin.

Or to the elves. Or Björk.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Every Scandie here with kids immediately understood my point and chuckled to himself. Go on wishing a painful death on your fellow countrymen as is the American way. Maybe throw in a midwit NYT editorial to feel good about yourself.

Syt

Quote from: Legbiter on September 18, 2021, 12:56:50 AM

Every Scandie here with kids immediately understood my point and chuckled to himself. Go on wishing a painful death on your fellow countrymen as is the American way. Maybe throw in a midwit NYT editorial to feel good about yourself.

Maybe, but we have many non-scnadies here, and most of us have no idea what that means. I mean you don't see me using German turns of phrase without explanation and then flying off the handle when someone makes a comment about it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2021, 01:02:35 AMMaybe, but we have many non-scnadies here, and most of us have no idea what that means. I mean you don't see me using German turns of phrase without explanation and then flying off the handle when someone makes a comment about it.

Yeah fair point. Eddie didn't deserve my outburst. I apologize to him.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on September 18, 2021, 12:37:01 AM
An outgoing 7 year old. A prototypical "with his mouth below his nose"  :lol:

:lol:

Yeah my oldest is that age and he's not exactly 100% on that stuff either....

QuoteHe's not a happy camper about this state of affairs but we Icelanders have a way of raising the next generation with the tail-end of horrific statistical probabilities in mind while kind of maintaining the "þetta reddast" mentality. He'll be fine, we're doing all this rigmarole just to slow the spread down.

It's a highly contagious illness, it will infect 90% plus of us in the next couple of years. Those already infected are at least 27 times more protected than those virgin vaccinated ones. Hell, just be like Berkut, get the bug while vaccinated.

All the best, with the annoyances and everything else.

DGuller

What does "mouth below his nose" mean?  I tried to google it, and I got a bunch of pages about cancer.

Sheilbh

So French vaccine passport and mandate for certain workers has been a huge success but just saw that there's over 3,000 healthcare workers who are suspended because they won't get the vaccine. And I generally don't have much sympathy for anti-vax types in general but I cannot understand how you could have that view if you're a healthcare worker during the pandemic :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

That's out of 2.3 million in the sector though, so a very small percentage of Covidiots.