Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

QuoteMediaite
@Mediaite
Nicki Minaj Suspended From Twitter After Announcing She's Taking Enlarged Testicle Crusade to the White House
"Enlarged testicle crusade" :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2021, 05:46:02 AM
QuoteMediaite
@Mediaite
Nicki Minaj Suspended From Twitter After Announcing She's Taking Enlarged Testicle Crusade to the White House

Twitter has said they didn't do anything to her account.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

75% of schools in Vienna are fully or partially closed due to Corona infections and quarantine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2021, 05:46:02 AM
QuoteMediaite
@Mediaite

Would have been so much better if it happened before the last US election.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 15, 2021, 04:23:54 PM
Hopefully globally enough lessons have been learned to respond better, quicker to it next time.
Quite the optimist! :)

We're basically repeating the same mistakes than in 1918, I doubt we will develop any kind of coherent trans national united front on this after covid is definately over.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sheilbh

Incidentally - on kids and long covid this is a helpful and very reassuring thread explaining latest ONS technical report:
https://twitter.com/apsmunro/status/1438461046956646405
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

What we need is a conspiracy theory that works for us instead of against us.  We need to convince people that George Soros is funding anti-vaxers as part of his "White Genocide" campaign.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2021, 07:46:20 PM
Incidentally - on kids and long covid this is a helpful and very reassuring thread explaining latest ONS technical report:

Lots of anti-vax tweets responses, unfortunately.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2021, 08:07:55 PM
What we need is a conspiracy theory that works for us instead of against us.  We need to convince people that George Soros is funding anti-vaxers as part of his "White Genocide" campaign.
The funny thing is that the conspiracy can almost just take the form of reality.  Spreading the anti-vax propaganda among the right-wingers is certainly what evil Democrats would do to thin their numbers.

The Larch

So the "Trinidad swollen testicles"-gate has reached government levels on two countries.  :lol:

QuoteWhite House offers Nicki Minaj a phone call to answer vaccine questions

White House willing to connect rapper with doctor after erroneous tweet alleging the Covid vaccine causes impotence

QuoteNicki Minaj claim that Covid vaccine can cause impotence dismissed by Trinidad and Tobago

Minister says health officials found no evidence that any patient reported such side effects: 'We wasted so much time running down this false claim'

Admiral Yi

Saw on the bus tonight that the mask mandate on pub transpo has been extended to January '22.  From September 13.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on September 16, 2021, 08:26:18 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2021, 07:46:20 PM

Lots of anti-vax tweets responses, unfortunately.
I think that's, sadly, a given for any engagement with social media by doctors and public health figures at this stage :(

On the upside - they're a tiny minority. About 90% of eligible people in the UK have had their first dose. For all the noise of anti-vaxxers it's the same few thousand people who turn up to every protest and in the latest ONS survey on vaccine sentiment, vaccine hesitancy is still at about 4% (obviously differences within groups) but the number of people who are saying they are "unsure" or "don't know" is far larger than the people who are saying they would be very or fairly unlikely to have a vaccine (which is about 1%). They're just loud and obnoxious - obviously that varies in different countries.
Let's bomb Russia!