Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2020, 06:45:58 PM
If Trump brought out a vaccine before the Election I would actually vote for Trump.  I hate Trump, but I'm scared of the virus.

If Trump had done what I would have expected, a massive mobilization for a vaccine, he could have delivered that.

But instead of we have a piece meal approach that will instead deliver the vaccine a few months too late for him. Once more his own incompetence takes him down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I'd really rather not die from a plague.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2020, 08:26:16 PM
I'd really rather not die from a plague.
And the only thing that will save your life is Trump inventing the vaccine by November? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2020, 07:24:20 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2020, 06:45:58 PM
If Trump brought out a vaccine before the Election I would actually vote for Trump.  I hate Trump, but I'm scared of the virus.
That's ridiculous.  Fascist US can be so much worse for the world than Covid.

We're not that important.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 09, 2020, 09:37:55 PM

The third largest country in the world, and the biggest economy, is less important than a soon to be cured disease? I disagree.

Are any countries important in your mind? Maybe this is some kind of existential statement that nothing is important :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2020, 10:28:45 PM

The third largest country in the world, and the biggest economy, is less important than a soon to be cured disease? I disagree.

To foreigners, yes.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 09, 2020, 10:40:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2020, 10:28:45 PM

To foreigners, yes.

Well last I checked I am neither Indian or Chinese yet one of those countries being taken over by fascists is a much bigger deal than Coronavirus to me.

Eddie Teach

Err, both already are. But that never stopped any NCAA games.  :P

Tamas

Raz you remind me of some of the old geezers in my village: "I am voting to re-elect the mayor. My state pension keeps coming every month so he is doing a good job."

:bleeding:

Sheilbh

Scotland's normally 2-3 weeks ahead of England and Wales in terms of the school year, so will be going back to school next week.

Interesting to see and hopefully they can go back safely/provide useful lessons for the rest of the country.

Edit: Also I know I mentioned it with the football leagues before, but I really do find it kind of amazing to see sports back safely given where we were in April-May and my assumption was everything would need be cancelled or suspended.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 09, 2020, 07:25:58 PM
Also I don't see what Trump has to do with vaccine development :mellow:

Well, I guess he could speed up FDA validation, for instance, but that's not necessarily a good thing, as it could give the ok to an imperfect vaccine with low effectiveness or severe side effects.

Tamas

Sheilbh, you'll be interested to know, that researchers expect a spike in Covid infections in Budapest and another major Hungarian city Debrecen in the next 4-10 days, judging by their tests on recent sewage samples. ^_^

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2020, 08:43:05 AM
:lol: Thrilled at my new forum reputation.

Personally, I'd have stuck with the castles. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 10, 2020, 12:23:41 AM
Err, both already are. But that never stopped any NCAA games.  :P

So whether something is bad for the world or not is determined by if NCAA games are cancelled?