News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Childhood Raped - Again

Started by Norgy, July 19, 2009, 04:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on July 20, 2009, 03:37:09 AM
Speaking of Astrid Lindgren, wasn't she a dyke?

Never heard of any substantial evidence.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on July 19, 2009, 01:06:37 PM
marti may be pleased to know that Toronto is so gay friendly that many homosexuals have become heterosexuals in order to maintain their cherished outsider status and deconstructuralist credentials.
Which reinforces my point that being gay is merely a trend, and we can reverse it with enough brutality and social condemnation.  Except for when I want it to be a disease, in which case we'll use genetic therapy, brutality and social condemnation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 19, 2009, 09:22:28 AM
patriarchy - three topics that interest gays and lesbians a lot.

All gays and lesbians problems come down to hating their fathers?  Couldn't feminists have chosen another word without blatantly admitting daddy issues?  But the I guess most misogynists have mommy issues.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on July 20, 2009, 03:37:09 AM
Speaking of Astrid Lindgren, wasn't she a dyke?

Pippi Longstockings kinda point to that, yeah.

I kinda am full of snot and bugs now, so I probably make even less sense than I normally do.

I just want to point out, THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS IS NOT GAY!

It is, at best, an anti-communist children's book.
Anti-communism is fine with me, as long as it doesn't slide over into derspiessian authoritarianism
And I'll puke to that, what with my stomach acting up again.

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2009, 08:24:44 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 19, 2009, 09:22:28 AM
patriarchy - three topics that interest gays and lesbians a lot.

All gays and lesbians problems come down to hating their fathers?  Couldn't feminists have chosen another word without blatantly admitting daddy issues?  But the I guess most misogynists have mommy issues.

Ironic, since Lindgren's book Mio, min Mio deals with a son joining back with his loving, tender father in a magical kingdom. It was a boy's boy story, allright. :mellow:

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2009, 02:07:22 AM
Anti-communism is fine with me, as long as it doesn't slide over into derspiessian authoritarianism

:)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on July 21, 2009, 11:40:50 AM
Ironic, since Lindgren's book Mio, min Mio deals with a son joining back with his loving, tender father in a magical kingdom. It was a boy's boy story, allright. :mellow:

I just thought it was sort of bizarre that a group of people who are so interested in the use of language and how it shapes the way we think about gender and so forth would have chosen a word that contains 'father' in it to represent the evils of male domination.  Since they have done so much to promote fathers being more involved with raising their kids and so forth that was a strange choice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on July 21, 2009, 11:48:37 AM
Quote from: Norgy on July 21, 2009, 02:07:22 AM

:)

You know, I'd prefer us not agreeing about stuff

But when it happens, I guess for once, we both are right.

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2009, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: Drakken on July 21, 2009, 11:40:50 AM

I just thought it was sort of bizarre that a group of people who are so interested in the use of language and how it shapes the way we think about gender and so forth would have chosen a word that contains 'father' in it to represent the evils of male domination.  Since they have done so much to promote fathers being more involved with raising their kids and so forth that was a strange choice.

It is not that bizarre. Feminists (at least the non-radical Nazis) represent the father figure as an ideal of unconditional acceptation; a man unconditionally caring for their girls, accepting them as they are, helping they to grow up balanced, self-confident in the world, and comfortable in their sexuality.

This ideal of fatherhood is, however, devoid of authority, discipline, and repression which are paramount in the feminist vision of patriarchy, and where these are the traditional roles of the family pater. The ideal father does not seek to mold the girl or repress her, rather concentrating on values like exploration, adventure, personal growth from encouragement to take risks, and tolerance. The patriarchal father, however, seeks to repress the girl's desire for freedom and exploration of her needs to control her for moralistic or ideological reasons, and thus hinder the girl's growth into an equal partner with men. The father thus become the first representation of patriarchy, and its role to keep women into position of inferiority through shame and coertion.

And despite their denial, Electra Complex still plays a role in feminists' relationship with fathers, just like the Oedipus Complex for boys and mothers. Girls still compete with their mothers for the father's attention because it is such a core element of developing their self-confidence at this age. Even the staunchiest of feminazis would say that they love their fathers if they did their best.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point