News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Net Worth

Started by Eddie Teach, December 23, 2019, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is your net worth over $100 thousand American?

Yes
27 (58.7%)
No
16 (34.8%)
Maybe/Not Sure/Jaron
3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 24, 2019, 11:48:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 24, 2019, 02:09:10 AM
I think so...but the reality of that would not be known until I actually sell my assets. Schrodinger's net worth I guess.

Theoretically yes.

cash on hand is not net worth
You have to spend it on nets?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 23, 2019, 10:28:05 AM
Mine is not.
Possibly.  I'd have to recheck the current exchange rate.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Well net worth is simply total assets - total liabilities.  So you don't need to actually sell your stuff to know your net worth.  You do need to find out the fair value though.  Just because you say your house is worth a million doesn't make it so.  There needs to be someone at arm's length (e.g. your wife doesn't count) who is willing to pay a million dollars for your house to make it worth that much.

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on December 25, 2019, 04:44:31 AM
Well net worth is simply total assets - total liabilities.  So you don't need to actually sell your stuff to know your net worth.  You do need to find out the fair value though.  Just because you say your house is worth a million doesn't make it so.  There needs to be someone at arm's length (e.g. your wife doesn't count) who is willing to pay a million dollars for your house to make it worth that much.
Generally speaking, you adopt a conservative value of including at the value of the city's evaluation for tax purpose.  Or, if you have a written evaluation, you put it at that value.  But you can guess that that if the city evaluates your house for 200 000$ and houses around you of similar age and size sells for 600k$ you'll get more than the eval.  You can't just realistically put in on official papers.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Hamilcar

Reeeeallly depends on the value of my company.

Hamilcar

Please redo this poll with a 1M and 10M option.

mongers

Quote from: Hamilcar on December 25, 2019, 05:22:15 PM
Please redo this poll with a 1M and 10M option.

That option was covered in the bragging thread that just dropped off Languish page one.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu