News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Impeachment Vote Prediction Pool

Started by Admiral Yi, December 21, 2019, 08:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I say 52-48 not impeach.  Manchin (D WV) votes no, Collins (R ME) and Romney (R UT) vote yes.

jimmy olsen

What's the deadline for predicting?

Before the trial starts, or before the voting starts?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Timmy is banned from this thread.

You can play any time you want, but the earlier you do, the more glory you accrue.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Agree, otherwise probably party line.
Let's bomb Russia!

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zoupa

I predict party line with 2 exceptions. Romney present and Manchin no.

jimmy olsen

For what it's worth Murphy claims that there are maybe five Republicans that could vote to convict. I'm skeptical.

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/1202935587336073216

Quote"Have you spoken to a single GOP colleague in the Senate who's even considering voting for impeachment?" --
@WillieGeist

"Yes." --
@ChrisMurphyCT

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I'm skeptical that any Republican could vote for conviction.  I think one or two Democrats will vote against conviction.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

katmai isn't needed. Yet here we are.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi