News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on December 30, 2021, 03:28:04 PM
I watched Boba Fett last night. That was a steaming pile of trash.

I don't know it was a steaming pile of trash...but it was a bit dull.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Isn't that Psellus' sister?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 02, 2022, 07:09:13 AM
Same haircut but different fashion sense. Where is the second pic from?

The Breakfast Club? :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 02, 2022, 10:13:42 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 02, 2022, 07:09:13 AM
Same haircut but different fashion sense. Where is the second pic from?

The Breakfast Club? :huh:

Psellus' sister was in The Breakfast Club?  :huh:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

You should maybe just re-read the posts. Nothing posted has implied that Sophie Thatcher was in The Breakfast Club.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habbaku on January 02, 2022, 03:01:08 PM
Nothing posted has implied that Sophie Thatcher was in The Breakfast Club.

Sixteen Candles then?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I reached out to Psellus on Facebook when he moved to Vienna asking if he'd like to go for coffee some time, but he ignored me. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 02, 2022, 03:01:08 PM
You should maybe just re-read the posts. Nothing posted has implied that Sophie Thatcher was in The Breakfast Club.

I was being funny.

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on January 03, 2022, 11:15:43 AM
I reached out to Psellus on Facebook when he moved to Vienna asking if he'd like to go for coffee some time, but he ignored me. :(

Depending on the time, dude was maybe on one of his withdrawal periods. He's been pretty up and down the past year.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Syt on January 02, 2022, 02:47:31 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 31, 2021, 09:57:30 PMI find Thrawn to be borderline invincible in this series, so the effect of surprise is kinda gone whenever he shows up in a battle.  Not that the author would kill his character, but sometimes, just sometimes, I'd like him to face these "impossible"* odds and be forced to execute a retreat.

And people complain about Rey being a Mary Sue character. :P
meh.  It is the way it is.  Rambo goes on an entire Russian platoon on horseback with a M-16, gets on unscathed, it's as expected.  But a woman can't do those things, no, that just isn't possible.   :sleep:
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

We should hold Star Wars to higher standards than Rambo. Hell, we should hold Rambo to higher standards.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Book of Boba ep 2. Still don't care much for the Dances with Tuskens parts (and the show does care much for them...). Regarding the crime lord timeline: [spoiler]Black Krrsantan[/spoiler]  :w00t: