News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Oh, one thing I missed, but that Star Wars Explained pointed out: [spoiler]the yellow Clone Commando was Scorch from Republic Commando/Clone Wars.[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

https://twitter.com/TheBadBatch/status/1423267554395623424?s=20

Star Wars: The Bad Batch
@TheBadBatch

Star Wars: #TheBadBatch will return for a second season in 2022. Prepare for the two part finale of season one starting tomorrow, only on @DisneyPlus
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Excellent episode. :)

As i kind of expected, [spoiler]Crosshair's chip has been removed. He's kinda cagey about when, but I assume it was after he had that part of his head melted.

The use of John Williams' Episode 2 music for Kamino :wub:[/spoiler]

And some "oof" dialogue:
[spoiler]Crosshair: "They don't leave their own behind ... most of the time."
Hunter: "You tried to kill us. We didn't have a choice."
Crosshair: "Hm. And I did?"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The view of the empty city and its destruction was appropriately somber. [/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

10 minutes of useless information about

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: https://youtu.be/T6kQLUPcSw8
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: https://youtu.be/lZ51c-VvuNA

Somewhat embarrassed by how many of those I knew.  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

A 4-parter finale  :lol: (a 5-parter if you take into account it follows on [spoiler]Hunter's capture[/spoiler] in the last episode).

Very nice episode. [spoiler]Nice detail that the first and last appearances of Kamino in Star Wars canon (of course now Syt will point out that this isn't the case because comic XXXX featured it before the timeline of Ep 2) are visually similar (the rain).
[/spoiler]

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 06, 2021, 02:54:45 PM
A 4-parter finale  :lol:

Four-parter? :unsure:

And I don't really follow the comics. I did catch that Palps in a recent one met Vader on Exegol where his cloning tubes were shown, and a jar with a hand that people speculate is Luke's, and that he used the DNA in some of his experiments. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Yeah, the caption description of the episode says "Part 1 of 4".  :huh:

Syt

I suppose then that season 2 will start with a two parter as the season's final episode is next week?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Star Wars meets [spoiler]the Poseidon Adventure :w00t:

Good episode as denouement for the season, but no major shift in the status quo. No heroic sacrifice by Hunter or Crosshair (as some predicted), and no Crosshair rejoining the squad (which was admittedly a surprise), but I suppose they set up his eventual return to the fold with episodes like these.

The medical officer at the end wears the Kamino cloner badge (like Dr Pershing in Mandalorian). The Star Wars website recently had a blog entry explaining Palpatine's contingency plan(s) which heavily involved cloning, so I assume this starts here with Palps having a vested interest in the technology.

Got some Bioshock vibes from some scenes, like walking through the underwater tunnel, and coming up in the burning debris field.

I thought we might see what happened to the remaining clones/regs. In last episode the young clone asking, "But we'll still be soldiers, right?" was :cry: My head canon for now is that they may be used to tie up some loose ends, like aiding in the genocide of the Geonosians. The Empire wants to replace the clones, might as well throw them into a meat grinder of sorts.[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Once more, I love the visuals in this show. Lots of cool stuff with the water and the lightning (much better than CWs Calamari eps, for example).

I also had Bioshock vibes  :lol:

Incidentally, the "Part 1 of 4" thing looks like it was a typo on Disney+ Spain's part, they have changed it to 2 parts.

Syt

Btw, apparently they're casting Sabine Wren for live action. :w00t:
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Syt on August 13, 2021, 12:28:46 PM
Btw, apparently they're casting Sabine Wren for live action. :w00t:
For which series?  The Ashoka one?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

That show looks like it will be a Rebels quasi-sequel, dealing with the search for Ezra and Thrawn, right? I'm down with that.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 14, 2021, 12:28:30 AM
That show looks like it will be a Rebels quasi-sequel, dealing with the search for Ezra and Thrawn, right? I'm down with that.

That's the general assumption since nothing concrete has been announced. There were news (or rumors?) about a casting call for Ezra a few weeks ago IIRC.

Btw, I see quite a few comments looking at the epilogue of the Bad Batch season finale and going:[spoiler] "Mountain? Cloning?? Mount Tantiss from the Thrawn Trilogy confirmed!!!" :lol: (Tbf, considering how much content they pull in from the old EU, I assume the callback is intentional, even if it turns out to be a different place.)[/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould