News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Obi Wan show cast has been revealed. No clues about who they are each playing (besides the returning actors from the prequels), but no McDiarmid, Jimmy Smits, Morrisson, etc... although I presume those might still show up as bit parts.

The Larch

Kumail Nanjani? Now that's not someone I expected to see in a SW product, although I guess that the Mandalorian already opened the gates for comedians to perform serious roles.

HVC

People found out he's jacked, so now he can have serious roles :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

And Indira Varma crosses another big TV saga off her list.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2021, 07:45:31 AM
People found out he's jacked, so now he can have serious roles :P

IIRC he only got jacked for a Marvel movie, but he said that it was totally impossible for him to keep that physique forever.  :P

Quote from: celedhring on March 30, 2021, 07:49:02 AM
And Indira Varma crosses another big TV saga off her list.

What would be the big 3 of IP? Star Wars, Marvel and GoT? Or would Harry Potter be there instead of GoT?

celedhring

Yeah, Varma only needs a Marvel film/show to complete the Grand Slam. Potter seems to have died a bit. We'll see what life GoT has left, too, but HBO is going to double down on it.

Grey Fox

Got Ice Cube JR too.

This is a low key commentary on the state of suburban LA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Hayden Christensen redemption arc - unexpected :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 30, 2021, 09:04:39 AM
Hayden Christensen redemption arc - unexpected :o

I look forward to hearing more about sand.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

You can't really blame the actors for what's in the script.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 30, 2021, 09:14:26 AM
You can't really blame the actors for what's in the script.

I don't actually. I am sure he was fine in everything else he has been in.

The actors are not why those films didn't work for me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

So is this going going to be Obi Wan's story or more all Skywalker all the time with Hayden Christenson?

celedhring

Missed this new Bad Batch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiAfrYNNt-k&ab_channel=IGN

I didn't find the characters that interesting in their Clone Wars arc - they seem a bunch of cliches out of Team Fortress - but I'm certainly going to watch this. Plus now it seems Rex will show up, too.

The guy making the clone voices is going to have a lot of fun talking to himself...

celedhring

Not a shocking revelation, but I guess we now have confirmation the sequels had absolutely no direction whatsoever.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rey-kenobi-toyed-with-early-on-daisy-ridley/

During an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live with guest host Josh Gad, Ridley was asked if the truth regarding Rey's parentage was something she knew from the beginning. "No," Ridley replied. "At the beginning there was toying with, like, an Obi-Wan connection. And then... there were, like, different versions. And then it really went to that she was no one. And then it came to Episode IX, and J.J. [Abrams] pitched me the film and was like, 'Oh yeah, Palpatine's your granddaddy.' And I was like, 'Awesome.' And then two weeks later, he was like, 'Oh, we're not sure.' So, it kept changing." According to Ridley, she didn't know the definitive answer until after filming had already begun.

viper37

well, the whole Palpatine thing was only decided just before filming #3.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.