News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Ted Cruz forgets Sabin Wren, Hera Syndulla, Fennec Shand, Bo Katan, Jyn Erso, Maz Kanata, ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Well everybody seeming to like the Mandalorian was fun for awhile. Now we can get back to having American partisan arguments about Star Wars which seems to be what everybody actually wants to do instead of be entertained.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Jyn was certainly a victim. Also, don't think Maz counts. Humans only.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Eddie Teach

Only if we can get a matching one in the north.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2021, 01:14:39 PM
Ted Cruz forgets Sabin Wren (PoC), Hera Syndulla (miscegenation), Fennec Shand (PoC), Bo Katan (lost her planet twice), Jyn Erso (Antifa), Maz Kanata (dumb CGI character, also PoC), ...

Explained it for you  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 12, 2021, 01:23:08 PM

Stop teasing with things we want but will never get.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2021, 01:27:59 PM

Well if you paid for it...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2021, 01:30:24 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2021, 01:27:59 PM

Well if you paid for it...

The Mexicans didnt have to pay for theirs, why the double standard  :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2021, 01:36:34 PM

Yeah and they got a shitty incomplete one. Just saying.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2021, 01:37:29 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2021, 01:36:34 PM

Yeah and they got a shitty incomplete one. Just saying.

Fair point. 

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 12, 2021, 01:23:16 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2021, 01:14:39 PM
Ted Cruz forgets Sabin Wren (PoC), Hera Syndulla (miscegenation), Fennec Shand (PoC), Bo Katan (lost her planet twice), Jyn Erso (Antifa), Maz Kanata (dumb CGI character, also PoC), ...

Explained it for you  :P
:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Carano shouldn't have been fired just for being an idiot who says stupid stuff.
But it you take a job for the Mouse, you can't expect any breaks if you get too "outspoken"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

I am not sure why an employer can't or should not fire people for saying stupid stuff if it reflects poorly on the employer.  Employers can terminate for any reason that is not contrary to law.  They just need to make the business judgment that they are better off without that person.

This goes back to a basic misunderstand many on the right (certainly not directed at you JR) have about the meaning of the freedom of speech.

FunkMonk

"Instrumental in making Star Wars fun again."  :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on man.  :lol:

I doubt Ted actually gives a shit about Gina Carano or Star Wars or an employer's/employee's rights, or even "cancel culture" for that matter. Whatever convinces Trump voters to rally around him is all he gives a shit about. Same with that Hawley kid.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.