News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

But it wasn't just the soldiers. The general population was culpable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 11, 2021, 03:19:18 PM
But it wasn't just the soldiers. The general population was culpable.

The statement was - "Jews were not beaten by German soldiers but by their neighbors"  Please tell me you understand that is a false statement.

celedhring

Well, back to Star Wars  :P

The Bad Batch arc. The arc was entertaining enough, but I really didn't finish the last episode thinking "I want to see a whole show about these guys". The characters are really cliché, good for a few laughs, but not much else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on February 11, 2021, 05:19:52 PM

The Bad Batch arc. The arc was entertaining enough, but I really didn't finish the last episode thinking "I want to see a whole show about these guys". The characters are really cliché, good for a few laughs, but not much else.

I liked it, but it was in consistent with the other episodes that make R2D2 out to be something special and irreplaceable.  Turns out a lot of droids are pretty amazing.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on February 11, 2021, 08:56:40 AM
With Gina Carano out of the SW universe, I've heard doubts aboutt he future of the "Marshalls of the New Republic" spin-off show in which she was meant to star.  A wild theory going on involves recasting her character and giving it to Lucy Lawless.  :lol:
Lucy Lawless is a bit too old now for that, 53 I think.   Besides, as per the WP, that show got scrapped in November.  Unless it was something else.  I'm having a hard time keeping track of all that Disney stuff now.  Can't understand why, so few shows in production... :P
Anyway, I quite liked her, and her limited acting skills weren't an issue for her role, since it was especially written with her in mind.
I also liked Bill Burr.  I also haven't found an issue with any of the actors so far, unlike in past series like, say, the various Star Trek where it was obvious some guest stars had neither the talent or the inclination to play engaging characters.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2021, 11:51:08 AM
What madness is that?
It's Sparta, I think.

QuotePeople have been getting fired for social media posts for over a decade now. Have some sense people.
People have also been fired for any kind of shit, like being drunk and saying stupid shit to your friends that someone caught on camera and published on social media.
Anyway.  You're asking a pro-Trump Republican who firmly believes the election was stolen to use judgement and rational thought before engaging in public debates.  Here's madness for ya :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2021, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 11, 2021, 09:12:30 AM
I'd dig it. Though probably a bit old these days no?
Michelle Rodriguez? that's her whole thing.

Well maybe for that specific character but they could easily create another action lead for Lawless to fill same role, no?
I'd see her in any kind of non drama action role, but as an action star, I think she's on the older side and out of shape.  Even with stunt doubles, actors have to look the part.  Just ask the actors playing the Marvel super heroes.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 11, 2021, 12:25:38 PM
I dislike people being fired because they post stupid things on social media.
I too.  But these big corporations, they are touchy about these things, and I'm quite certain any signed contract will have a clause about not making them look bad.

I think Disney has been hitching to fire her for a while and this was just the best pretext, like, she gave them her head on a golden platter.
But you're the lawyer, so you tell me: should the government legislate to forbid such overtly broad clause in work contracts?

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on February 11, 2021, 05:19:52 PM

stop hijacking threads, please!
:P

I felt the same, yeah, but... It's really about seeing more "Clone Wars" that I'm excited. You can't call it Clone Wars II since the was is finished, so they had to come up with something else :P

Filoni will write stuff, and they'll get clones, Vader, Tarkin, Palpatine, etc, so I can't see how it'll not be interesting :)

I am guessing they will reintegrate minor figures from the CW series (like Quinlan Vos) who may have survived order 66.  I suppose a lot of this show's early season will focus on the Jedi hunt, or maybe some battles with former Seperatists resistance pockets.

katmai

Rangers of the new Republic is not scrapped, the rumor was Carano character was going to be in that show, but that was scraped after her November social media dust up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

On age: Ming-Na Wen who plays Fennec Shand is 58 :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Yeah but being Asian takes off 20 years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

I mean, they had Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford do action stuff in the sequels, and they are ancient. :P

garbon

Clark Gregg was playing Phil Coulson on Agents of Shield in his 50s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

And Temuera Morrison just turnd 60.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.