News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Reborn was quite comprehensive. Of course, the gameplay of X3 doesn't match Star Wars lore perfectly, but it was a decently immersive experience.

celedhring

So, more Clone Wars.

Fives Order 66 arc: pretty damn good and quite heartbreaking. One of my favorites of the show.

Sadly, it is followed up by a frankly terrible Clovis vs Anakin arc.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on February 08, 2021, 04:29:27 PM
So, more Clone Wars.

Fives Order 66 arc: pretty damn good and quite heartbreaking. One of my favorites of the show.

Sadly, it is followed up by a frankly terrible Clovis vs Anakin arc.

Agreed, I found myself fast forwarding through a lot of the Clovis episodes.

So here is a question for you now that you have seen it all.  How the heck did Maul [spoiler]end up back in charge in Mandalor.  I thought the Emperor had put an end to that.[/spoiler]

celedhring

Haven't seen it all yet, I presume [spoiler]Sidious left him in charge as part of whatever Sidious plan he always has.[/spoiler]

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 08, 2021, 04:46:36 PM
Haven't seen it all yet, I presume [spoiler]Sidious left him in charge as part of whatever Sidious plan he always has.[/spoiler]

Not really. There were episodes that were planned but ended up being told in comic form when the show was canceled: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul%E2%80%94Son_of_Dathomir

That doesn't explain it, either, though. His Wookieepedia entry is quite vague on the topic.

Quote[spoiler]Maul and other parts of his loyal forces would eventually return to Mandalore, where they remained in hiding for a short time. The Pyke Syndicate and Black Sun also eventually rejoined the Shadow Collective.[35] At some point, Maul also forged ties with the criminal organization Crimson Dawn, led by Dryden Vos. He continued to rule his operation, one part of which involved the transportation of a large shipment of spice by the Pykes.[36]

The Pykes hired Rafa Martez to deliver the spice, but after a heavy ethics debate between Martez and the former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, Martez's sister, Trace, dumped the spice into hyperspace. With no shipment to deliver, the three were taken into custody by the Pykes on Oba Diah. Shortly afterward, Maul contacted the new leader of the Pykes, Marg Krim, via hologram about the lost shipment of spice. Krim attempted to assure Maul that the delay of the spice would not jeopardize his plans. Maul warned Krim of further delays, informing him that every piece of his plan was important and if one part of it faltered, the entire plan could be jeopardized. Krim attempted to defend himself by informing him of the ever-growing interference of the Galactic Republic in his shipments and of a shipment that had arrived on Coruscant, but was raided by the Republic. Maul asked if any Jedi were involved, but Krim did not know since none of his men survived, which allowed Maul to come to the conclusion that there were. Just then, Maul noticed something hiding in the pipework surrounding where the meeting was taking place and turned to try to see what it was. After searching for a few seconds, he discovered nothing and, not realizing it was Tano, turned back towards Krim, informing him that he had other things to attend to. Maul warned him that if he caused any more delays, he would allow Crimson Dawn to take over the Pyke Syndicate. With that warning, Maul ended the transmission.[36][/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Oh crap, sorry.  When you said no more clone wars I thought you had finished to the end of the last season.  My apologies.  :Embarrass:

celedhring

I said "So, more Clone Wars".  :P

Eddie Teach

Still ahead of me, I guess.

I really liked the second half of season 3, starting with the episode about the Night Sisters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 08, 2021, 05:02:29 PM

Not really. There were episodes that were planned but ended up being told in comic form when the show was canceled: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul%E2%80%94Son_of_Dathomir

That doesn't explain it, either, though. His Wookieepedia entry is quite vague on the topic.

Quote[spoiler]Maul and other parts of his loyal forces would eventually return to Mandalore, where they remained in hiding for a short time. The Pyke Syndicate and Black Sun also eventually rejoined the Shadow Collective.[35] At some point, Maul also forged ties with the criminal organization Crimson Dawn, led by Dryden Vos. He continued to rule his operation, one part of which involved the transportation of a large shipment of spice by the Pykes.[36]

The Pykes hired Rafa Martez to deliver the spice, but after a heavy ethics debate between Martez and the former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, Martez's sister, Trace, dumped the spice into hyperspace. With no shipment to deliver, the three were taken into custody by the Pykes on Oba Diah. Shortly afterward, Maul contacted the new leader of the Pykes, Marg Krim, via hologram about the lost shipment of spice. Krim attempted to assure Maul that the delay of the spice would not jeopardize his plans. Maul warned Krim of further delays, informing him that every piece of his plan was important and if one part of it faltered, the entire plan could be jeopardized. Krim attempted to defend himself by informing him of the ever-growing interference of the Galactic Republic in his shipments and of a shipment that had arrived on Coruscant, but was raided by the Republic. Maul asked if any Jedi were involved, but Krim did not know since none of his men survived, which allowed Maul to come to the conclusion that there were. Just then, Maul noticed something hiding in the pipework surrounding where the meeting was taking place and turned to try to see what it was. After searching for a few seconds, he discovered nothing and, not realizing it was Tano, turned back towards Krim, informing him that he had other things to attend to. Maul warned him that if he caused any more delays, he would allow Crimson Dawn to take over the Pyke Syndicate. With that warning, Maul ended the transmission.[36][/spoiler]

So the season 5 episode where [spoiler]Sidious humiliates Maul and says "he has plans for him" is never followed on?[/spoiler] That sucks.

celedhring

And I just noticed the "Ashoka framed" episodes are all named after Hitchcock movies. I love Filoni so much  :lol:

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on February 08, 2021, 04:05:01 AM
Also, I want a game like Privateer or Freelancer set in the Star Wars universe, dammit. :P

Elite Dangerous but set in the Star Wars galaxy?

celedhring

So, finished the 6th season of Clone Wars:

- Jar Jar Binks and the Temple of Doom: CW takes a lot of the prequel crap and turns it into gold, but Jar Jar is definitely beyond their powers.

- Yoda's Magical Mystery Tour: I love all the "Force mysticism" episodes (so far, the Force Gods arc is my favorite of the show). This one is another brilliant example. I was surprised to learn that - as I understood it - [spoiler]Force Ghosts aren't apparently a thing in this era. If Yoda, however, learns this technique, when does Kenobi supposedly get the ability to commune with Luke in the OT? And ghost Anakin shows up in ROTJ too[/spoiler].

Just one more season to go!

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 10, 2021, 05:04:12 PM
So, finished the 6th season of Clone Wars:

- Jar Jar Binks and the Temple of Doom: CW takes a lot of the prequel crap and turns it into gold, but Jar Jar is definitely beyond their powers.

- Yoda's Magical Mystery Tour: I love all the "Force mysticism" episodes (so far, the Force Gods arc is my favorite of the show). This one is another brilliant example. I was surprised to learn that - as I understood it - [spoiler]Force Ghosts aren't apparently a thing in this era. If Yoda, however, learns this technique, when does Kenobi supposedly get the ability to commune with Luke in the OT? And ghost Anakin shows up in ROTJ too[/spoiler].

Just one more season to go!

[spoiler]IIRC at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he have to undergo training when he's on Tatooine, because Qui-Gon has found a way to communicate through the Force. So I guess that's how Obi-Wan learns it. As for Anakin ... no idea - though we do hear Qui-Gon's voice shouting Anakin's name when he's about to slaughter the Sandpeople, so there might have been a connection there; maybe he shepherded Anakin into the Force when he died? [/spoiler] :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Now that we are on this topic...[spoiler] I suppose that's the explanation why both Kenobi and Yoda vanish when they die, while other dead Jedi didn't? (but then neither did Qui Gon)[/spoiler]