And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 03:44:53 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 06, 2021, 03:43:07 PM
So, the godzilla episodes. Not Clone Wars' finest hour.

Yeah, they were quite bad. Have you seen the Shadow Virus episodes yet? It was cheesy, but I liked Michael York as OTT totally not German mad scientist.

Yeah, those were in the first season. Not my favorites either, but the cheese was somewhat entertaining. Didn't like the zombie-worm from Geonosis ones either  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on January 06, 2021, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2021, 03:44:53 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 06, 2021, 03:43:07 PM
So, the godzilla episodes. Not Clone Wars' finest hour.

Yeah, they were quite bad. Have you seen the Shadow Virus episodes yet? It was cheesy, but I liked Michael York as OTT totally not German mad scientist.

Yeah, those were in the first season. Not my favorites either, but the cheese was somewhat entertaining. Didn't like the zombie-worm from Geonosis ones either  :lol:

I appreciated that they wanted to do an homage to the old school voodoo zombie movies, but yeah, it was a bit iffy. They stop those homages largely after season 2, fortunately, and the plot arcs become better from season 3 on, though there's still the occasional "eh" outing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I did like the Mandalore arc in the second season. Also the invasion of Geonosis itself, which is far better than the one in Attack of the Clones.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on January 06, 2021, 04:18:20 PM
I did like the Mandalore arc in the second season. Also the invasion of Geonosis itself, which is far better than the one in Attack of the Clones.

Yeah, that was good. Also the Ryloth arc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Dathomir episodes in season 3 - loved those, despite some really tortured plotting :P. Dathomir always sounded intriguing to me, a hostile jungle planet dominated by force witches. It never got much attention in the old EU material (at least, that I'm aware of), and I'm glad it's being expanded here.

In general, I've always loved those Star Wars/sword-and-sorcery intersections, like the Tales of the Jedi comics.

HVC

isn't there an arc with three force gods?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on January 08, 2021, 09:27:52 AM

Yeah, that's a good one too. Always been a sucker for Force mysticism stories.

Syt

The Mortis arc, yes. It's still somewhat unresolved as the presence of [spoiler]the Convor[/spoiler] in Mandalorian shows - [spoiler]the connection between it, the Daughter and Ahsoka[/spoiler] is still somewhat unclear.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2021, 09:30:04 AM

Interestingly, Rebels had more of those than Clone Wars, in comparison. Though one of my favorite scenes on that was in Season 2 of Rebels, [spoiler]"Legends of Lasat", where the Rebels go through the star cluster with the help of an old artifact[/spoiler]. The understated string music still gives me goosebumps.

https://youtu.be/mwJPUopLrw0
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

So the cartoons go back to the frce being mystical? or is it still midichlorians, or both?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on January 08, 2021, 09:39:10 AM

So the cartoons go back to the frce being mystical? or is it still midichlorians, or both?

They sorta reformulated midichlorians, meaning that being Force sensitive comes first, and the midichlorians then allow you to use it and being stronger with it. So I guess it's both.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2021, 09:42:28 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 08, 2021, 09:39:10 AM

They sorta reformulated midichlorians, meaning that being Force sensitive comes first, and the midichlorians then allow you to use it and being stronger with it. So I guess it's both.

I haven't really noticed mention of midichlorians at all. About half way through season 5 of Clone Wars now.  It seemed to me they had fixed the stupidity of Episode I

celedhring

Yeah, so far Clone Wars to me is like a better version of the prequels. And it's very much a children's show, in the sense that the narrative structures are pretty simple when you get down to it... which makes it kinda sad that they are far more successful than the movies were  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2021, 12:00:26 PM
Yeah, so far Clone Wars to me is like a better version of the prequels. And it's very much a children's show, in the sense that the narrative structures are pretty simple when you get down to it... which makes it kinda sad that they are far more successful than the movies were  :lol:

How far in are you?

And yes, Anakin actually becomes an interesting character. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on January 08, 2021, 12:00:26 PM

The story arcs get a lot better - and darker.  It starts looking a lot like Rebels [spoiler]after the comic Empire leaders were killed[/spoiler]