And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 20, 2020, 11:16:22 AM
Finished Rebels season 2

The worst thing about an otherwise awesome episode were the helicopter lightsabers :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 20, 2020, 12:12:59 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 20, 2020, 11:16:22 AM
Finished Rebels season 2

The worst thing about an otherwise awesome episode were the helicopter lightsabers :bleeding:

Oh yeah that was rolleyes-worthy. Also, who was driving [spoiler]Vader's fighter[/spoiler] while he was on top of it, looking cool?  :P

But the rest of the two-part finale was damn great. I've actually watched enough of CW (halfway season 2 I think - the last episode I remember watching was when Anakin and Obi Wan face off against a bug queen) [spoiler]to know about the relationship between Anakin and Ashoka, so their duel resonated a lot with me.[/spoiler]

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 20, 2020, 12:28:26 PM

Oh yeah that was rolleyes-worthy. Also, who was driving [spoiler]Vader's fighter[/spoiler] while he was on top of it, looking cool?  :P

[spoiler]He was probably using the force for that. [/spoiler]:P

I need to finish Resistance at some point. I'm like 3 episodes in when I last watched. It draws a lot of criticism, but I think I have enough tolerance to make it through both seasons. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

So, watched a few more eps. Bendu's voice really really rung a bell in my head, and I was delighted when wikipedia sput out the fact he's played by Tom Baker  :wub:

Old Doctor Who is the first sci-fi show I have memories of watching.

Grey Fox

God Damn Skywalkers.

I can dig crime lord Boba Fett.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

What I love is that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee who plays the X-Wing pilot Carson Teva in season 2 is apparently a bit of a Star Wars fan and is not above some cosplay. :D

He's had the X-Wing costume since way before he joined the cast of Mandalorian.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

At what point stops being cosplaying if you're cosplaying as yourself?  :hmm: :P

The Larch

I'd bet something that he took the opportunity of being in the show to rummage through all the production boxes.  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 21, 2020, 11:43:10 AM
At what point stops being cosplaying if you're cosplaying as yourself?  :hmm: :P

Well, the cosplay came first, in his case.  :hmm:

Btw, his private helmet says "Appa" in Aurebesh, and on the ridges "OK SEE YOU", in reference to his other show, Kim's Convenience.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on December 21, 2020, 11:44:10 AM
I'd bet something that he took the opportunity of being in the show to rummage through all the production boxes.  :lol:

Apparently he tried on Biggs' original helmet when they were creating his costume.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

I saw an interview with him - he totally did!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2020, 11:45:55 AM

I saw an interview with him - he totally did!

:lmfao:

Syt

I mean, who of us wouldn't  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

There's been some confirmations: The Book of Boba Fett will indeed be a spin off from Mandalorian. Robert Rodriguez (who directed The Tragedy) will produce together with Favreau and Filoni. Pedro Pascal will be back for season 3 of Mandalorian. And Apparently Fett's spin off will come out before Mando #3?
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Robert Rodríguez as Exec Producer (I assume Filoni and Favreau will not be too involved) is big MEH for me.