News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I loved how Mando was a complete wreck without his helmet.

I also loved how Boba Fett said "Let's just say they might recognize my face".

Yet again, my boys just loved this episode, and are already bemoaning the fact there's only one left for the year.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

I had forgotten Mando was the guy from Narcos.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Another big achievement of the show is making Bill Burr likeable  :P

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 04:57:40 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 11, 2020, 04:50:52 PM
Finished Rebels.  It kept getting better and better.

So, please tell me what What to watch next.  :)
There's a guide out there that has all episodes listed chronologically,

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 12, 2020, 03:09:27 AM
Another big achievement of the show is making Bill Burr likeable  :P

Yeah that is quite the feat. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

:yes:

He was perfectly-cast in the SNL Sam Adams bit: https://youtu.be/je1NIf8GeeY

Just playing himself is easy work.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Nice touch giving the despicable bad guy something other than an Oxbridge accent.  The American accent worked well.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 13, 2020, 07:24:56 PM
Nice touch giving the despicable bad guy something other than an Oxbridge accent.  The American accent worked well.

I said earlier taht the scene reminded me of Inglorious Basterds. Django Unchained might be a better fit with King Schultz not being able to take Candy's shit anymore and just shooting him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2020, 11:43:22 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 13, 2020, 07:24:56 PM

I said earlier taht the scene reminded me of Inglorious Basterds. Django Unchained might be a better fit with King Schultz not being able to take Candy's shit anymore and just shooting him.

yeah, I think that is a good comparison.  Loved the scene.  :cool:

celedhring

One thing that really bugs me from the episode though... why did they have to bring Bill Burr into the mining facility, since they actually didn't need him to unlock the terminal? (I mean, he gives Mando a stick and then he unlocks the terminal with his own confused face).

Barrister

I mean heck - what kind of security system relies on any old face to unlock?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2020, 01:10:11 PM
I mean heck - what kind of security system relies on any old face to unlock?

SOme have argued that it's kind of a captcha, proving that you're not droid or alien. Especially since you have to breach several layers of security to get into the system (get in the base, have a code cylinder).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2020, 01:03:57 PM
One thing that really bugs me from the episode though... why did they have to bring Bill Burr into the mining facility, since they actually didn't need him to unlock the terminal? (I mean, he gives Mando a stick and then he unlocks the terminal with his own confused face).

I think part of it is that he knows the procedures, protocol etc. so he will not be noticed as easily?
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2020, 01:03:57 PM

He wasnt there for his face, he was there for his knowledge of the protocols

HVC

the part that confused me most is mando sending a telegram warning that he's coming. surely surprise would be an asset.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.