News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Disney correctly calculated that the demand for Star Wars products is infinite.

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2020, 07:23:43 PM

In the tweet I saw they didn't mention Glover at all, the only name mentioned was Justin Simien as the person behind the show..
Yeah upon further review I've only seen one story that said he's attached, others echo what you wrote so retracting what I said.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Bad Batch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PIh0Ec_sk&ab_channel=Nerdist

We saw them in the final season of Clone Wars. The trailer is rather unclear whether they support or reject the Empire. You have Tarkin praising them at the end, but that doesn't have to mean much. Somehow I don't see Disney doing a series about a group of Imperial SpecOps. They seem to be fighting other clones? Needs more info IMHO. Also: Fennec Shand is in the trailer :o (Or another woman who wears the exact same outfit and helmet - also: eww, doesn't she change gear in 20+ years between the Clone Wars and Mandalorian?)

EDIT: Oh my god, I just realized: will this be A-Team: Star Wars Edition? :w00t: :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Cassian Andor teaser: https://youtu.be/gSW-pARyP-M

Not much there, except bits of concept art, some sets.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I'm also loving that there'll be a Rogue Squadron movie (in three years ...). Kind of curious which era it will be set in. During the Rebellion, after Endor, during the sequel era ... ?
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2020, 07:07:24 PM
- Rogue Squadron will be directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman). Apparently it's a very personal project for Jenkins as her father was a Vietnam veteran fighter pilot who died in a crash during a NATO exercise when she was young.

I'm currently reading the whole Rogue Squadron series of books and I keep telling myself how great a tv series it would make!  :D

I'm a happy SW Fan ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 01:19:39 AM
Bad Batch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PIh0Ec_sk&ab_channel=Nerdist

We saw them in the final season of Clone Wars. The trailer is rather unclear whether they support or reject the Empire. You have Tarkin praising them at the end, but that doesn't have to mean much. Somehow I don't see Disney doing a series about a group of Imperial SpecOps. They seem to be fighting other clones? Needs more info IMHO. Also: Fennec Shand is in the trailer :o (Or another woman who wears the exact same outfit and helmet - also: eww, doesn't she change gear in 20+ years between the Clone Wars and Mandalorian?)

EDIT: Oh my god, I just realized: will this be A-Team: Star Wars Edition? :w00t: :lol:
The final logo is red, the color of the Empire and the Sith, usually.
Tarkin is wearing an imperial uniform.  He might congratulate them for a job well done, or is simply sarcastic after their capture, or the capture of a member.  I'm leaning for the first part.

We see them standing with other clones (now Stormtrooper, notice the all white, no yellow band) when the Palpatine becomes Emperor.  They may not have been chipped like other clones, but the Empire being the successor to the Republic and them not working closely with Jedis all along the war, they may had held sympathetic views toward the empire at first.

Them fighting clones could mean at some point they rebel against their other Stormtroopers comrades.  Again, their uniform are 100% pure white and the masks look a little different.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 01:19:39 AM
Also: Fennec Shand is in the trailer :o (Or another woman who wears the exact same outfit and helmet - also: eww, doesn't she change gear in 20+ years between the Clone Wars and Mandalorian?)

She likes the style I guess. When they cast a nearly 60 actress for the role I suspected they would reuse the character in some earlier setting (or that she had already appeared in Clone Wars/Rebelrs whatever, haven't watched it all yet).

So, Jon Favreau essentially created the Marvel movie universe with Iron Man and now the live-action Star Wars TV Universe. Disney surely will make him very rich.

Solmyr

- The Bad Batch will be another animated show, in the vein of Clone Wars, following a squadron of soldiers during the rise of the Empire.

I totally read it as The Bad Bitch at first and was wondering if Disney is actually going to produce a R-rated show. :D

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on December 11, 2020, 04:31:20 AM
- The Bad Batch will be another animated show, in the vein of Clone Wars, following a squadron of soldiers during the rise of the Empire.

I totally read it as The Bad Bitch at first and was wondering if Disney is actually going to produce a R-rated show. :D

Same
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

In a podcast I listened about the announcement they were really excited about the Acolyte show, as they really liked the author behind it (a certain Leslye Headland who I had honestly never heard of) and its concept the most intriguing.

Crazy_Ivan80

interesting indeed, but isn't it a bit much...

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on December 11, 2020, 06:50:26 AM
In a podcast I listened about the announcement they were really excited about the Acolyte show, as they really liked the author behind it (a certain Leslye Headland who I had honestly never heard of) and its concept the most intriguing.

It's also going to be set during the "High Republic" era, it seems, which is a new setting 200 years before Phantom Menace which they'll start exploring in book and comic form starting next year (the first book was supposed to be out already, but it's been delayed till January - the first few chapters have been released for free, though). Writer Charles Soule has mostly worked on comics so far.

The Acolyte will be set in the "late" High Republic Era, whatever that means. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Pretty self contained episode of Mandalorian.

Mando gets once again challenged: what do the rules actually mean. Always wear the Mandalorian helmet? Never show his face? And, of course, he takes off the helmet to save the mission. It's always a bit amusing to me, because as badass as Din is, Pedro Pascal looks often so completely unthreatening and harmless :lol:

During the juggernaut hijack we see that Din has become quite reliant on using his armor in combat when he first tries to block hits with his arms and the armor immediately shatters. We also establish that he quickly adapts.

I didn't expect to see a bit of Fury Road today, but I'm fine with it. :)

We're also reminded of the true face of the Empire. At first it seemed a bit lovely how all the soldiers salute Din and Migs when they roll in unscathed, but then the Imperial officer ("The Believer") made it clear what the Empire actually is.

Love the reference to Operation Cinder which was previously only shown in comics, books, and the single player campaign in the new Battlefront II. Basically, it was a plan by Palpatine to cause as much havoc as possible and basically "reset the gameboard", have one final destructive battle with the Rebellion/New Republic (Battle of Jakku), before the ideologically pure Imperial lremnant retreats to the Unknown Regions to regroup.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Cinder

Cinder was part of the Contingency: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Contingency

Again an example how the show pulls together events from across the range of Star Wars media at this point.

No Boba backstory. :( But I love that he repainted his armor. And I actually cheered when the seismic charge was revealed. :lol: :blush:

I liked the Mayfeld backstory and that he comes across as a lot more sympathetic than last season.

Also: no Grogu in this episode. :o :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Syt you are such a Star Wars nerd.  :lol:

But it's great, you are keeping me updated and giving me a lot of lore background info that makes the Mandalorain especially more enjoyable, so it is much appreciated, please keep it up. :cheers: